account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Notification for system update shows but not able to get update

Highlighted
Learner
Message 41 of 62
Message 41 of 62

Nugout 32.3.A.0.376 - Disaster for Xperia Z5 dual

As other users, have after update via Companion still the would like update sign on the menu. The solution with the force stop of Software update unfortunately not worked out.

Worse are the following facts:

• Emails need to be taped twice once folder ist changed, enable to open and see them.
  • Battery is after update draining much quicker even in Stamina mode
  • MirrorLink does not work anylonger with the Car head display, was working well in the past before update
  • SMS feature does only work on 1 SIM card and only after the other SIMCard is switch off, SMS can be sent
  • Somehow feel WIFI power reduced as distance from router has decreased after the update
  • General some APPS just dont work anylonger with this Software update of 32.3.A.0.376

Dear Sony Team, please correct this software update urgently, because you annoyed a lot of user, which are depending on the phone daily and like this; sorry to say not professional at all to release such a crap update, which somehow seem not have been tested entirely and therefore, crash phones and gives odd behaviour.

Looking forward to your quick response before I have to change the phone due to the fact that this is a working tool for me and need reliability, which once was the reason for buying Sony products. 

Highlighted
Learner
Message 42 of 62
Message 42 of 62

Re: System Update available notification message does not go away

Well - not so good. It does not go away. I did get the new Andorid 7 update. It automatically installed. Briefly the update notification was gone - and then reappeared. Using the PC does not help. It states it is up to date. Only the notification is still there or keeps reappearing.

What do I do? It is not a catastrophic failure, but it is a pain of a sort.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 43 of 62
Message 43 of 62

Re: Notification for system update shows but not able to get update

Me too I didn't get any Nougat software update, I can't believe it, the reason that I bought this phone is because it's supposed to get android Nougat 7.0 😏 😫😤
Highlighted
Learner
Message 44 of 62
Message 44 of 62

Be happy that you did not got last update from Sony nought version otherwise your telephone would be screwed up as my. Still waiting from Sony support an answer how to solve this chuck up update
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 45 of 62
Message 45 of 62

Re: The icon "System update available" does not erase

Its been 2 weeks now that i have the notification for the system update but i am not able to get it in fact. I select it and it says that my phone i runs in the latest version; Any ideas???

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 46 of 62
Message 46 of 62

Hi Guys,

Really sorry to hear about the issues you are having, so that we may investigate this further, can you please supply the following information.

1. Screenshot of the notification.
2. Long press the notification and get the name of the application that is responsible for showing the notification

Please post it back here once done. I really appreciate the feedback.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 47 of 62
Message 47 of 62

Thank you and finally some sign from service staff.

Please let me know how to make screen shot and will be happy to assist.

As for the second request it shows that there is relationship with "Google Play services" where as in my case the 3 options is set on "Dont slience or block" is activated.

Hope you will also come back with the other points earlier mention from my side

as battery fast draining

Emails need to be tap twice enable to open (2 accounts), when switching from 1 account to the other

WIFI no longer stable

MirrorLink no longer stable

This update needs definately some high attention, as seem lots of bugs in it and should be taken serious.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 48 of 62
Message 48 of 62

Software update

The phone software is up to date but the phone is displaying the message that a new version of software is available.
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 49 of 62
Message 49 of 62

Hi @Brb,

Thanks for the information, to perform a screenshot simply hold down the power button and the volume down key together. This will take a screenshot and save it in your internal storage if you could then supply it here that would be great.

Sorry to hear about the other issues you have had, have you tried any form of troubleshooting to rectify them such as a software repair? As most issues can be resolved with reinstalling the phone's software.

backup using Xperia Companion

software repair using Xperia Companion

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 50 of 62
Message 50 of 62

Hi, I have this problem since almost 6 weeks!

I'm on 6.0.1 and can't update to 7.0 because it says I'm up2date when clicking the notification. I tried with different connections, Xperia Companion, etc.

The firmware has shown in XperiFirm for quite some time for my device (1298-7611), so I don't know why it doesn't update.

The notification is caused by Google Play Services (can't screenshot because the dropdown closes when I try to do it). I can remove the notification temporarily when blocking/unblocking the notifications for the service in the settings and clearing the cache, but it's back after only a couple of minutes.

It has been since end of january or early february like this...so it starts getting annoying 

edit: I don't know if you did anything but now 2 hrs laters it's finally there! Thanks, if you didn't do anything....big coincidence, but either way I'm happy it's finally there Slightly smiling Face