account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Notification bar is opened with just a tap?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 1 of 25
Message 1 of 25

Notification bar is opened with just a tap?

I noticed the notification area, particularly when you sliding down even in home for example. The notification are very sensitive unlike in iphone the notification should be slide obviously.
Please have a solution for this.. Thanks
Thanks

Topic edited by Rickard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 25
Message 8 of 25

Re: Notification

In Z3, you don't need to slide down the notification bar to access notifications, it's enough to just tap it and it will slide down.

I'm afraid i don't know of any way to change this. A 3:rd party launcher that allows to you hide the notification bar could perhaps be a workaround if you don't want access to notifications by a single tap.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted
Message 2 of 25
Message 2 of 25

What do you mean? The notifications clear away when you slide down? You can disable this in settings-personalization-clear viewed notifications.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 3 of 25
Message 3 of 25

Good day i mean if i unintentionally touch the top of the screen, notification box going down unlike in iphone for example you to obviously slide down the notification box.
Highlighted
Message 4 of 25
Message 4 of 25

Well it should not go down only if you touch it. You need to drag it.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Message 5 of 25
Message 5 of 25

i can confirm that touching the bar at the top does make notification drop down, so you dont have to drag it.

Highlighted
Message 6 of 25
Message 6 of 25

Touch for down and slide for up
Highlighted
Message 7 of 25
Message 7 of 25

@Rickard Could you take a look?

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 25
Message 8 of 25

In Z3, you don't need to slide down the notification bar to access notifications, it's enough to just tap it and it will slide down.

I'm afraid i don't know of any way to change this. A 3:rd party launcher that allows to you hide the notification bar could perhaps be a workaround if you don't want access to notifications by a single tap.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 9 of 25
Message 9 of 25

Pop up issue

With regarding new update 5.1 i notice theres pop up exactly in home botton whats this new updates going to worsts rather than better...
Highlighted
Message 10 of 25
Message 10 of 25

Re: Pop up issue

What popup is there? Could you post a screenshot? Isn't it google now?