account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Newbie here and need some clarification. Please help.

SOLVED
Highlighted
Regular
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Newbie here and need some clarification. Please help.

Hi! Just bought a Z2 from Australia and I was wondering since there are Telstra features inside the Phone. Also, whenever I turn off an on my Xperia, there is aTelstra logo appearing on my screen. Is that normal? Do I have the same Z2 device? Because I was thinking that it has been tampered or something. I don't know. Could you guys clarify this for me? Thank you, much appreciated!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Re: Newbie here and need some clarification. Please help.

They shouldn't however the pre-installed apps maybe of no use to you so as above you could manually flash your phone to a genericv firmware see here for details on how to flash (Ignore the title it's the process you need to follow and download Flashtools from preparation) and here for firmwares - make sure to download the right one for your device model number - Check Settings then about phone look for D65xx

There is a D6503 Austrailian generic version

17.1.A.2.55
Australia - unbranded - 1281-9715

Edit there is also a Telstra and Vodafone D6503 firmware available for download here

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Did you get this phone via the Telstra network on a contract - If so then you have a normal Z" but it will probably be network locked and appears to have network branding firmware

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Highlighted
Regular
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Hello, thanks for the information. My sister bought it unlocked so I can use sim cards here in Phil. I can't even uninstall those Telstra features.
Genius
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Hi, if the TELSTRA logo appears when you switch the phone on & when you switch it off then it must have originally been locked to TELSTRA.........even if it is now unlocked these logos will still appear.....if yo want to get rid of them then do a search for UNBRANDING.....all the info is there...

Good luck

Highlighted
Regular
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Oh, cool. I'm going to try that. Thanks! By the way, does these Telstra features has any negative effects on the Z2 device?
Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

They shouldn't however the pre-installed apps maybe of no use to you so as above you could manually flash your phone to a genericv firmware see here for details on how to flash (Ignore the title it's the process you need to follow and download Flashtools from preparation) and here for firmwares - make sure to download the right one for your device model number - Check Settings then about phone look for D65xx

There is a D6503 Austrailian generic version

17.1.A.2.55
Australia - unbranded - 1281-9715

Edit there is also a Telstra and Vodafone D6503 firmware available for download here

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Thank you very much!
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

@Jcvs wrote:
Hi! Just bought a Z2 from Australia and I was wondering since there are Telstra features inside the Phone. Also, whenever I turn off an on my Xperia, there is aTelstra logo appearing on my screen. Is that normal? Do I have the same Z2 device? Because I was thinking that it has been tampered or something. I don't know. Could you guys clarify this for me? Thank you, much appreciated!

Hey i have this problem tooGrinning Face im in Perth

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

I purchased my Z2 outright from JB Hi Fi and it had all the Telstra stuff and logo on it as well.  I simply re-flashed it with a Generic Firmware I found using Google to search on de-branding a Z2 Telstra Phone.  Being new to mobile phone and especially Android, I just follwed the instructions on the XBA develeporers forum and my phone does not show the Telstra Logo when I boot it up and all the Telstra stuff had gone.  If you are not sure how to do it, I would suggest calling Sony and getting them to do it because I put my problem on Facebook and Sony told me that I would not void my warranty if I did a Generic Firmware update, but would lose my warranty if I did a thing called "Rooting".