account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

New update available 32.4.A.1.54

Highlighted
Learner
Message 51 of 67
Message 51 of 67

Re: New update build number32.4.A.1.54

My z5 also got a charging issue after update via OTA. Mostly phone does not charge using a wall charger and sometimes it is charging but it is very slow it takes about 3hrs to full charge. Now I cannot flash or browse any files in my phone when connected to PC. It is not being recognized thought I already have the updated drivers and xperia companion software. I wish they will have another update via OTA. That's the only way for my phone to update/fix the system software.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 52 of 67
Message 52 of 67

Keep trying to post and my posts keep getting deleted?

As others have said, I can confirm bottom speaker is not working for me either since the update.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 53 of 67
Message 53 of 67

Re: New update available 32.4.A.1.54

Use flashtool and the correct ftf file from xperifirm. 

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 54 of 67
Message 54 of 67

Just updated to this version.... Very bad update Sony 

Feels like you want to kill what's left of the z5

Fingerprint reader stops working after about  every half an hour or so of use...only comes back on after rebooting (shows "Fingerprint hardware not available"  message)

Also my phone is unable to play videos after a while also, in stamina mode when I select battery time preferred, the scrolling get screwed up it scrolls the other way round 

And chrome also doesn't work in split screen mode

Update is 32.4.A.1.54

Android version 7.1.1

Model E6683

Please solve this asap you're JAPAN MADE GUYS don't do like this we trust you'll when it comes to best quality 

And also I sincerely request you to update the z5 to OREO .....it had a lot of problems since it came out and I feel like the people who bought this phone deserve a treat

Thanks SONY!

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 55 of 67
Message 55 of 67

Hi i cannot download it free can you help me please

Highlighted
Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 56 of 67
Message 56 of 67

@Jawaad2233 wrote:

Is there any changes made in contacts app? Is group option available now?

Contacts is broke Slightly frowning Face since 7.0

Dialers Contact Tab doesn't link with Contacts for filtered groups... 

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Highlighted
Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 57 of 67
Message 57 of 67

@0ctane82 wrote:

Keep trying to post and my posts keep getting deleted?

As others have said, I can confirm bottom speaker is not working for me either since the update.

probably just getting moved or merged in to topics..

happens to me allot

in the links for my profile use original url, but the forum displays different

sometimes I look like I talk to myself

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Highlighted
Regular
Message 58 of 67
Message 58 of 67

Hi all! 

I've scrolled this topic to find out if it is safe to install the new update or if it will further damage my Xperia Z5 (bought in one of the largest retail chain shops in Sweden). 

The last update caused: 

- camera focus gone

- album can't deleate pictures

- Twitter app not working

- overheating 

- battery drainage. 

From previous answers in this thread I can see that battery and overheating probably not fixed. Any news on camera and album-problems? Is it safe to install this update or will it just add to the problems? 

Highlighted
Adept
Message 59 of 67
Message 59 of 67

@Chefstomaten wrote:

Hi all! 

I've scrolled this topic to find out if it is safe to install the new update or if it will further damage my Xperia Z5 (bought in one of the largest retail chain shops in Sweden). 

The last update caused: 

- camera focus gone

- album can't deleate pictures

- Twitter app not working

- overheating 

- battery drainage. 

From previous answers in this thread I can see that battery and overheating probably not fixed. Any news on camera and album-problems? Is it safe to install this update or will it just add to the problems? 

Have you tried performing a factory reset after updating to see if the issues are still there after? or even a software repair. Been running latest version since it came out no issues so far but i did a factory reset like i do with all updates. Also disabled movie creator as thats a battery killer anyways.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
"Astronomy compels the soul to look upwards and leads us from this world to another" - Plato
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 60 of 67
Message 60 of 67

Hi All,

I have a Z3 plus.

I updated a few days ago to this build.

And My phone shutting down randomly now when it drained battery fast ( at game play or watching video) like battery is %1 . And it doesnt reboot if i plug to ac charger . After i plug ac charger to my phone; it seems charging. and booted phone itself.  Yesterday Battery %38 Today :Battery %55 . not %1 .

Other bug is (after first 7.0 update) badge numbers .. For example  GMail app doesnt show unread mail numbers on app icon . ( pinterest , instagram, ...  ) i reset when i was update to 7.0 . and there was no change.

PS : sorry for my bad english . i hope i can tell my phone's problem .