account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

My phone keeps restarting over and over and over...

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 11 of 33
Message 11 of 33

Re: My phone keeps restarting over and over and over...

@Enteng - That is certainly not normal, did you cut the SIM yourself, is it actually a nano SIM or is it originally a micro SIM?

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 12 of 33
Message 12 of 33

i also have the same problem..

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 13 of 33
Message 13 of 33

I am from India and yesterday ther was a software update notification from xperia centre on my phone. I did the update and fater that my phone has refused to work. It's restarting by itself after booting and its not going to the homscreen.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 14 of 33
Message 14 of 33

@SayeedHamid - Sorry to hear that, it sounds like the update has not loaded correctly onto your handset. With this being the case I would advise running a firmware repair:

1. Download the PC Companion software from http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/

and install it on your PC.

2. Install and open PC Companion then select Support Zone.

3. Phone Software Update.

4. Start.

5. Repair Phone

6. Continue

7. Accept data removal

8. Next

9. Wait for prepare

10. Select Phone

11. Follow the connection steps

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 15 of 33
Message 15 of 33

Hi Sam

Thanks for your reply. I did Try with PC Companion. Still It Doesn't work. Still it's the same.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 16 of 33
Message 16 of 33

Hi, 

Having similar issues after the Software update that was released on Friday, phone keeps restarting no matter what you are doing with it, I mean the restarting is not restricted to a particular activity. I tried the normal backup and restore, no use, then I tried the repair from PC Companion still no use, not sure what is happening, please provide a response. 

Regards,

Sairam. 

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 17 of 33
Message 17 of 33

I had taken the phone to Xperia care. They installed the software but still its the same. Now they are saying that the board has to be replaced and my phone is out of warranty. They are not able to trace what has caused this. When i contacted sony customer care they are saying as my phone is out of warranty they can't help on it.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 18 of 33
Message 18 of 33

HI

I HAVE SONY XPERIA Z2 AND I HAVE SAME PROPLEM ITS KEEP RESTARTING AND I CANT DO ANYTHING WITH IT 

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 19 of 33
Message 19 of 33

1. Download the PC Companion software from http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/
and install it on your PC.
2. Install and open PC Companion then select Support Zone.
3. Phone Software Update.
4. Start.
5. Repair Phone
6. Continue
7. Accept data removal
8. Next
9. Wait for prepare
10. Select Phone
11. Follow the connection steps

The good solution for me for this problem
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 20 of 33
Message 20 of 33

yeah i also had that problem so i repair my phone using PCC no its over now i can working normaly