account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

My Sony Xperia Keyboard Not WorkingWhile Calling

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

My Sony Xperia Keyboard Not WorkingWhile Calling

Dear Host,

MySony Xperia Z1 keboard not working While Calling,I am a Doctor. Anyone say please noteany information on call i want to serch for book and pen. Any local mobile can have write, or search any notes or contact while on call. Now my android version is 4.4 kitkat. i need a solution. or elase i wish to throw this phone and migrate to iphone. So please i need a solution, not a reply. Thank You. DrAntoAugustine

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Master
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: My Sony Xperia Keyboard Not WorkingWhile Calling

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

I'm not able to replicate the behavior in my Xperia Z1. Do you use the standard keyboard or do you have a 3rd party keyboard installed? 

If you are using the standard keyboard you can try to clear data for Xperia keyboard under settings > apps > all > Xperia keyboard > clear data. Restart your device and try again. 

If the behavior still persists, I would suggest that you try to boot your phone into safe mode to see if the problem may be related to any 3rd party app that you have installed in your phone:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Dear Sony,

I have re started my phone in safe mode. All the problems regarding the Keyboard and the Back Key was not persist. It means some apps I installed is made the problem. So thank You for your valuable information. And also a Question, Is there any possibility to uninstall and clear my apps data without lose my contacts and other settings?Thank you.

Highlighted
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Yes,you can backup using PC companion and after that perform a software repair.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

I found the solution its the "Smart Key" app uninstall it, it stops your keyboard from working when in a call and the back button won't work and it also messes up your widgets on your lock screen uninstall Smart Key
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Strange. Sony knows this problem for over half a year and nothing was done. Why has this application still not been repaired? The answer to disable or uninstall it is not a solution. What the person who wants to use SmartKey should do?

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

I'm afraid it's an issue that can't be solved.

When the Smart Key call actions is enabled the Smart Key application creates an overlay view in order to intercept headsets actions.
When this overlay view is shown, the Android System can not know when the user wants to fill a text field and does not show the keyboard.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Hi could you please help me? I have the same problem with my XperiaSP keyboard. When I play games(Often happen with games that use hight resources) or use browser to browse website on Internet sonetime the keyboard won't popup and unable to type anything and when this problem happen i can't even use back key or even Rise or decrease volume with volume button i try clear the keyboard data and factory reset or even repair via SONY PC companion but the problem still exist please help i have to stay with this problem more than one year without any solution.....
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

I have a slightly different issue.

brand new phone - out the box.

when I make a call to an automated system that requires you to use the dialpad to enter a number - I press the key, but the system does not recognise it.

is there a setting that I need to actiate?  it means I can't ever get through to the correct department!!!