account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Mobile network disconnect since MM upgrade on Z5

Highlighted
Talent
Message 1 of 24
Message 1 of 24

Mobile network disconnect since MM upgrade on Z5

Hi All,

I'm justing speaking to Sony support raising the issue I am experiencing with mobile network disconnections when my Z5 is in standby (probably 5 minutes or so after going into stand by the mobile network connection drops), but only since upgrading to MM.

The web support people are following their script and true to form ask me to perform a repair install. The last time I went through this malaky was when there was a known issue with the messaging application when large numbers of messages were stored on the phone (I'm sure we all remember that one), but Sony's support teams had not received the "knowledge".

I am on a MVNO in Australia with a Z5.

I'd like to know whether other Z5/Z5C/Z5P users's who have upgraded to MM are experiencing the same issues, and whether they are on MVNO networks, or not.

For those user's, it would be of interest to note whether they have noticed a fast er battery drain than when they have Lollipop installed.

If anyone has the issue described above, has it been recognised with their local Sony support and/or have you been able to resolve the issue?

It might actually be worth my while (lost time and productivity not withstanding) to go back to Lollipop with Stamina and almost 2 days of charge, and wait for the next version released by Sony.

Thoughts?

23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 24
Message 2 of 24

Re: Mobile network disconnect since MM upgrade on Z5

@Syncr0s

Do you have battery saver on?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Talent
Message 3 of 24
Message 3 of 24

No.

It's set to auto-turn on @ 5%, but not on.

I can't find anywhere in Battery Optimisation to turn it off, and support hasn't been able to tell me whether there is an application which performs this functions that I can set to not optimised.

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 24
Message 4 of 24

Hi @Syncr0s,

It's not an issue we are aware of here yet. I'd like to try and narrow down the problem with you.

If it's only happening when your phone is on sleep/standby then it seems like it would be the 'Extended standby' option activating.

Can you double check this option is not enabled (Settings > Power management > Stamina mode). Also disable the low battery mode in case that is prematurely activating.

Could you also test it in safe mode and see if it's still an issue.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Talent
Message 5 of 24
Message 5 of 24

Hi @CameronT (still not sure how to link this),

You are talking about Lollipop (easy to know as you mentioned STAMINA), and not MM.

I'm happy to try and diagnose/track down the issue, even if the result is a re-install/repair.

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 24
Message 6 of 24

You're quite right @Syncr0s, sorry. Doze mode is integrated into the OS and because it is essentially the same thing as Stamina mode, it was removed with 6.0. I just went into auto-pilot mode Face with stuck-out Tongue

What happens if you turn off Battery Saver entirely? Also have you tested safe mode yet?

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Highlighted
Talent
Message 7 of 24
Message 7 of 24

Hi CameronT,

I just tried in Safe Mode and indeed there is still a problem with it disconnecting from the mobile network.

Syncr0s

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 24
Message 8 of 24

@Syncr0s,

If you've already tried disabling battery saver entirely too, I think you may have identified a potential bug. At this point all that's left to test is the software repair.

I highly doubt it's an issue specific to MVNO, though you can try a SIM from another network if you feel there's something there.

If the software repair doesn't fix the problem, unfortunately, you'll have to wait until a fix is released.

Talent
Message 9 of 24
Message 9 of 24

Hi CameronT,

Fair enough. If this is the case I will be interested to hear from others to know whether they have been affected too (put your phone in stand by in a good service area, wait for 10 minutes and then try to phone yourself from another device).

Easy test to perform.

I'll need to back up my device and will try the repair this weekend (I won't have time tonight or tomorrow), then report back and see how it goes.

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 24
Message 10 of 24

Thanks @Syncr0s, keep us updated.