account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Lollipop charging bug ???

SOLVED
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 221 of 461
Message 221 of 461

Re: Lollipop charging bug ???

so far i know it this bug is for all Z1,Z2 and Z3 common

I cant explain it why it doesnt work for you, hoping that some others with the Z2 trying to revert back and check if it helps.

There was a post of somebody who reverts back to KitKat with succes.

Anyway why not to try to upgrade from KitKat to 5.1.1 and check again?

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 222 of 461
Message 222 of 461

5.1.1 rolled out to my Z2 yesterday. Didn't change a thing, even though support said to wait for that before returning it.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 223 of 461
Message 223 of 461

try to downgrade to KitKat....

if that not helps for you Z2 guys, i'm afraid you are lost, and the only way is to return to Sony repair center and put the pressure on.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 224 of 461
Message 224 of 461

i have this 'bug' after upgrading to 5.1.1

charging through USB port is noticeable slower than through magnetic port

i have a 2.1A output power bank

when charging through the magnetic port, it charges at 800-900mA rate

but when i plug it through USB, it charges only at 120-200mA rate, sometimes even still draining a bit when used

when i plug it to a wall charger (QC2.0 UCH10 charger), it charges at 1600-1900mA rate depending on the battery percentage left through magnetic port

and like the above, charging through USB is also noticeably slower, it charges at 1000-1100mA rate

all charge monitoring were done using AIDA64 app

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 225 of 461
Message 225 of 461

this is my first sony product. i got my z3 just last saturday everything was great. however, after the lollipop update, the phone charging pattern is weird. i mean it continues to charge even after it reaches 100 percent. before the update,once its fully charged, the unplug charger notification pops up. but now its been hours its still charging even after 100percent.can someone explain please?im worried. i like the phone but now this is bugging me.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 226 of 461
Message 226 of 461

Hey guys, after sending my phone 3 weeks ago to Sony in Texas, I just got it back and it's finally fixed. I thought it was a problem with Lollipop, too. But it was definitely something broken inside the phone. Good thing I still had warranty left. This is what was changed in my phone: 

Battery 2300 mAh

Screw Other Len:2.6 Diam:1.4 M

Panel Speaker Black

Adhesive WP Cover Rear

Adhesive WP Panel Rear

Antenna NFC

Sheet Con Battery 

Adhesive Battery

Adhesive WP 2nd Mic

Adhesive Battery Panel Rear

Screw Len:4.5 Diam:1.4

Enthusiast
Message 227 of 461
Message 227 of 461

as i thought, they replaced your battery. But what about a brand new phone, do all new phones need  a newer battery to solve this bug? It sounds odd..., very odd.

i wonder you keep your phone without this bug after a few weeks...

more likely they resetted your phone more deeper than a factory reset.

It's more odd as i downgraded to KitKat, and solved this bug too. How to explain this...It has no logic that it should be all defective batterys in all new phones :=)

one thing make sense: if you switch off your phone it's still never switched off, but in very deep sleep. Only taking out the battery will stop the processor and clear the complete memory. As we cant take out the battery, you never can reset the phone in that way, like all other brands. By replacing your battery, they in fact doing the same, taking out the battery for a short while resetting your phone completly......

Lets see others will have the same results by sending the phone to Sony repair center

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 228 of 461
Message 228 of 461

As an update I have experienced the charging bug recently, however the last two times I charged the phone it seemed to behave normally. Nothing changed with the software in that time :-/

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 229 of 461
Message 229 of 461

@brutus. I m still struggling to downgrade to kitkat. I have done everything as explained. But everytime it get stucks at "Error processing loader. Sin file" i have tried 2,3 different ftf files as well as tried re downloading and installing flash tool. But i still get that error. I have also installed all the drivers. Using windows 7 x64 OS
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 230 of 461
Message 230 of 461

it worked right out of the box for me on win 8.1

but searching your error i found this

seems to be  a driver problem....

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-SP/Error-when-flashing-with-Flashtool/td-p/656305