account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Lock screen lag.

SOLVED
Highlighted
Regular
Message 1 of 28
Message 1 of 28

Lock screen lag.

Hello,

I have a couple of problems with my Z2, Facebook videos not working, silly things however most pail into insignificant when compared to the lock screen problem.

I unlocked my phone and the screen turned black, the phone works you can feel it vibrate and pay sounds by the screen is blank. I can take pictures and use buttons as I know ruff locations but screen is black. This has only happens twice in 2 months but the lock screen is degrading daily, when I am entering my lock pattern it is slow and very clunky. Once I entered it correctly it then won't unlock for several seconds.

I am using the standard lock screen with a pattern pass. I haven't had a chance to try a number entry pass but I will get back to you.

Hope you can help.

Andy.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Message 21 of 28
Message 21 of 28

Re: Lock screen lag.

You won't be able to do it by default,sorry.You need a 3rd party lock screen app.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
Highlighted
Message 2 of 28
Message 2 of 28

I recommend you do a factory reset or complete software reinstall from SUS.

What do you mean the screen is black?

Can you still see the status bar?

The lag can be due to some task managing app or power saving app.

Try unintalling those (If you can)

Highlighted
Regular
Message 3 of 28
Message 3 of 28

Hey,
I will do a factory reset tomorrow.

The screen is black the same as when the phone is switched off, no light at all or icons. It's like the screen doesn't power up.

I have no task managing apps other then the stock ones.

Thanks for the advice.

Andy
Highlighted
Message 4 of 28
Message 4 of 28

@shaggy91 wrote:
Hey,
I will do a factory reset tomorrow.

The screen is black the same as when the phone is switched off, no light at all or icons. It's like the screen doesn't power up.

I have no task managing apps other then the stock ones.

Thanks for the advice.

Andy

In that case it can be a hardware defect. The only reason I thought status bar appears is because I thought you could see the lockscreen when you turn the phone on, then the screen goes black after unlocking

Highlighted
Regular
Message 5 of 28
Message 5 of 28

Hello,

Sorry for the long reply, I wanted to see if factory reset fixed the problem and didnt wanna do it once. I have done the reset and it seems to have made a difference, i am sure this may occure again at a later date but we shall see.

Before resetting the phone to factory settings I went into the bug centre in settings, it said recent crashes where from "System UI" and it was crashing almost 5x a day, a couple of other app crashes but things I caused. The System UI was reset on each occation. I then did the screen check and touch screen check, both passed with flying colours!

I believe this was caused by a BUG in the OS/Sony custom UI. I do however belive if there was a way to simply reset the lock screen app then that would have done the job as once the screen is unlocked its perfect, I have never had a problem with it!

If there is a way of doing the above if you could let me know so if it happens again I can try that.

Thanks for the help community. 

Regards,

Andy

Highlighted
Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 28
Message 6 of 28

Hopefully it shouldn't happen again but if it does try this first: Main menu > Settings > Apps > All > Xperia Home > Clear data.

This will reset the homescreen back to its original layout but won’t delete any personal data.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Message 7 of 28
Message 7 of 28

[solved] Lock screen lag.

I solved it by installing Xposed and the GEM Xperia Xposed module.

I then enabled the AOSP lockscreen and got rid of Sony's one.

All lag is now gone!!!!!

Highlighted
Regular
Message 8 of 28
Message 8 of 28

Hey again all,

I backed up my phone and it went fine, however I went to restore and it says my phone is not compatable! Any advice?

One last comment, the lock screen "swipe" is lovely, however can I add a lock code or pattern?

Regards,
Andy
Andy
Highlighted
Message 9 of 28
Message 9 of 28

Have you updated after the backup?

About the pattern or PIN,just go to settings-security-screen lock and there you should have it.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Genius
Message 10 of 28
Message 10 of 28

Hi, go into SETTINGS......SECURITY.....SCREEN LOCK.....it will ask you to unlock the screen whatever way you do it at the moment, then give you the options to choose PIN/SWIPE/PATTERN etc..