account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Info-Eye application missing

SOLVED
Highlighted
Learner
Message 11 of 12
Message 11 of 12

Re: Info-Eye application missing

A week ago I got Xperia XZ1 Compact. The phone is now updated to 47.1.A.16.20 (android 8). Yesterday I wanted to scan a QR code and fter some googling I found about Info-Eye. I also found it in Google Play store. The app isn't available for my device but almost everything that's on Google play is also on apkmirror.com

Here's how I got Info-Eye on my phone:

• on PC I downloaded latest Info-Eye from apkmirror
  • moved the apk from downloads to a folder in Google Drive (still on PC)
  • on my phone I opened the default file browser and browsed to a forementioned folder in Google Drive
  • clicked the apk file and agreed to a warning about apps from unknown sources. It then installed the Info-Eye

Now I have Info-Eye listed as one of the creative filters in camera and it works with QR codes. Nice Slightly smiling Face

Info-Eye on Xperia XZ1 CompactInfo-Eye on Xperia XZ1 Compact

UPDATE 2019-01-28: after I got Pie update the camera interface changed and was without info-eye. I installed the info-eye once more but it didn't show up in the camera modes. It's also nowhere to be found in the app manager (settings/apps and notifications)

One time poster
Message 12 of 12
Message 12 of 12

Re: Info-Eye application missing

The same way you can use for Google Lens, which is more sophisticated product. And it goes also quite well even in countries where it is not allowed in G Play.