account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

IMEI # not valid

SOLVED
Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 46
Message 1 of 46

IMEI # not valid

I have problem to add my device xperia z3+ dual in to xperia care. The IMEI # is not valid. Why? What is the problem? Anyone please advise what to do
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 6 of 46
Message 6 of 46

Re: IMEI # not valid

Hi,

Since you have a dual phone, have you tried with both of your IMEI-numbers? Otherwise, could you send a PM to me with your IMEI-numbers and I can check from here?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

45 REPLIES 45
Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 46
Message 2 of 46

For IMEI number issues you would be best contacting Xperia care http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Highlighted
Learner
Message 3 of 46
Message 3 of 46

thank you

Highlighted
Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 46
Message 4 of 46

Please also make sure you are entering only the 15 digit number starting with 35 (usually) with no dashes or spaces.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 5 of 46
Message 5 of 46

i tried all of that but it is not working, IMEI is not valid

the xperia support team untell now there is no response.

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 6 of 46
Message 6 of 46

Hi,

Since you have a dual phone, have you tried with both of your IMEI-numbers? Otherwise, could you send a PM to me with your IMEI-numbers and I can check from here?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 7 of 46
Message 7 of 46

IMEI: [removed by Hampus]. is not valid. why? i buy this phone a week ago. i can't update.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 8 of 46
Message 8 of 46

i tried many times also with dashes, but still not valid my IMEI. what is the prblem?

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 9 of 46
Message 9 of 46

Hi fusionist,

Information such as IMEI, should not be posted here at the forum. Please check the discussions guidelines (in my signature).

I have added your phone manually from my side and it looks OK. Could you logout and login again to see if you can see your phone now? Otherwise, send me a personal message with the email address that you use via sonymobile.com.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 10 of 46
Message 10 of 46

Hi Hampus, I've been trying to register my device and says the same thing IMEI no valid, I've bought this phone like 3 days ago 

Xperia M4 Aqua