account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Headphone jack not working

SOLVED
Highlighted
Regular
Message 441 of 574
Message 441 of 574

Re: Headphone jack not working

Squeeze the 3,5mm jack and u will see it recognise it sometimes.. The pin in your aux port that switch the phone into aux mode is melted down... Its hardware problem... 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 442 of 574
Message 442 of 574

Re: Xperia z5 premium head phone jack broken

I also have this problem, sooooo annoying 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 443 of 574
Message 443 of 574

@SyRuS wrote:

Mine has also stopped working yesterday. Tried 3 sets of headphones and  they are not detected, sound comes out the speaker. I cant hear a clicking sound through the headsets and there is nothing obstructing the headphone jack.

Thanks 

Highlighted
Regular
Message 444 of 574
Message 444 of 574

Myne is back from reparature.. Everything worcks fine now except the overheating lol.... When i watch hd resolution on youtube the app force close with an overheating message.... Great sony...

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 445 of 574
Message 445 of 574

I have the same issue. It only works with soundabout. only 9 months old. 

I used it only with Sony MDR1000X headphone. So 100% this is a manufacturing defect. 

Sony should recall and fix it. Instead they always pass the ball to customer. 

I was a sony fan . But will not buy sony products in future. 

Inhabitant
Message 446 of 574
Message 446 of 574

I've recently noticed that my headphone jack on my Z5 isn't working since trying my brand new Sony MDR1000x headphones.  They have worked until recently as I've started to use Bluetooth earphones. They worked fine when using wired in ear phones before the Android 7/7.1.1 update. The port seems to be clean and can direct sound to the port via Soundabout. I've also tried disabling Smart Connect and that doesn't do anything. Do I need to contact the Care support team?

Highlighted
Adept
Message 447 of 574
Message 447 of 574

@Jaissal89 wrote:

I've recently noticed that my headphone jack on my Z5 isn't working since trying my brand new Sony MDR1000x headphones.  They have worked until recently as I've started to use Bluetooth earphones. They worked fine when using wired in ear phones before the Android 7/7.1.1 update. The port seems to be clean and can direct sound to the port via Soundabout. I've also tried disabling Smart Connect and that doesn't do anything. Do I need to contact the Care support team?

The headphone jack needs replacing. Although you won't hear it said officially, it's obvious Sony used inferior parts.

Some here have had it replaced several times, so make the call if it's actually worth the pain sending your phone away for a 'repair' or if you can live with it broken; I'm on my 2nd faulty Z5P and haven't bothered with a fix the 2nd time around. I'm counting down the days until I can get a new, not-Sony phone...

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 448 of 574
Message 448 of 574

Re: Xperia Z5 Head phone jack sound disconnect

Me too I want to use headset but not working I restart my phone many times but still same problem if someone can help I will be thankful 

Highlighted
Regular
Message 449 of 574
Message 449 of 574

Re: Xperia Z5 Head phone jack sound disconnect

The best is to create a fb page or something like that so the people affected with this prob can join and we can trye to get another phone from sony or something like that... The note 7 had explosions and they gived other replacement phones....

Aux port isnt such a problem but when u pay so mutch money it needs to worck!!! And without overheating!!! The aux port stops worcking just becouse of that!!!! Its melted down becouse overheating and that is not our foult!!!! 

Highlighted
Learner
Message 450 of 574
Message 450 of 574

Sony xperia z5 premium handsfree problem

My Sony Xperia Z5 premium headphone's stoped working. When I turn the headphones jack on it works but after a while it stops again. 

Please let me know if there is anyway I can fix it.