account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Hairline crack on screen

Highlighted
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Hairline crack on screen

Hi all.

I'm after some advice on what my options are. Yesterday evening I noticed a very fine crack had appeared across my screen, which has rendered the top half of my screen completely unresponsive.

I hadn't dropped the phone or applied any pressure to it at all. I had actually just updated it to 4.4.4, and only noticed an issue when I went to unlock the phone and my pattern wasn't working. I eventually managed to turn the phone off, thinking it just needed restarting. However, due to the solid colour and the brightness off the boot up screen I noticed a crack had appeared.

This is obviously nothing to do with the update, but the crack has appeared out of nowhere!
My phone is still under warranty from Sony, and from what I've read on here: (http://www.xperiablog.net/2013/11/08/sony-will-repair-certain-cracked-displays-for-xperia-z-series-s... it might be covered.

Can anyone help with this, or has anyone here had the same issue?

Thanks in advance for any replies!
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Hairline crack on screen

Hi,

I suggest that you visit nearest service center to have your phone examined by a technician. You can contact your local support team for further information about nearest service center and/or how to proceed with this in the best possible way:
http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/contact-info/

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Thank you.

I have tried to call the number provided, but because half of my screen is unresponsive I can't chose option 1 and get through to anyone. Is there a way I could email them, or get someone to call me? The only way I could actually call the number was to write it as a message and use that to dial the number.
Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

I'm not sure which market your located at, so I'm not able to give you a direct adress. But you can check the following link:
http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

Choose your local contact by pressing "Select a country". You will find "Email" where you can choose a topic and proceed from there.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Thought I'd just post a follow up to this issue.

I contacted someone using the live chat feature on the 'contact us' link provided above. I explained the problem to them and they said to me that the issue with my screen would be resolved as long as there is no damage to the phone.

Not only did they replace the screen for me, they also replaced the entire casing for the phone. So my phone was as good as new! And turn around for the whole thing was only a few days too.

Top job Sony! Party

So in summary, Sony are fixing the issue of this random hairline crack as long as you phone is still under warranty and there is no damage to the phone which could have caused the crack to appear.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

hello..

im one of the customers of this mobile and got the same problem as you

so first i gave my mobile to sony service centre and they told that they have sent the pics of my phone to sony and they told me yesterday that the company has rejected my mobile repaire in warranty.....!

but the technician has told me that there is no physical damage that caused the crack but he couldnt do any thing as the company rejected the warranty.....

so now please tell me what are the options with me....?

please i beg u

i have purchased my mobile just 3 weeks ago..

please......

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Listen yo, we don't need to be told to find a serviceman. We need solutions to fix it ourselves!

Idiot.