account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Group Contacts lost in Nougat

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 21 of 44
Message 21 of 44

Re: Group Contacts lost in Nougat

Contact Groups are essential to how I use my phone. There was absolutely no reason to remove it (or if there was, please tell us why!) Bring it back immediately and please make an official announcement about it.
As previous poster has said, so far the Nougat "update" has added nothing I want, caused a lot more application crashes and has ruined this useful feature.
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 22 of 44
Message 22 of 44

I have found some features of the new update to be useful and improved, but it's still the lack of group contacts which constantly annoy me. I had to finally download a third party contacts app, which allows me to access my groups and supports SMS. Let me know if you would like the name of the app and I will post it.

Also, I don't understand why the contacts app now needs to know my location to work.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 23 of 44
Message 23 of 44

Re: Latest Sony Xperia Z5 compact Android 7.0 update Nougat

I had to finally download ZenUI Dialer & Contacts, which shows the group contacts and lets me send SMS to them.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 24 of 44
Message 24 of 44

Groups missing from the contacts

Anyone found out how to arrange groups for mye contacts? After latest software update, I've missed all my groups :-(

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 25 of 44
Message 25 of 44

Nougat update

After nougat instalation do not work on Z5 dual:
Sms group, contact group....
Learner
Message 26 of 44
Message 26 of 44

Contacts: groups are not displayed

Contacts: groups are not displayed

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 27 of 44
Message 27 of 44

Sending Text Messages to multiple contacts

Since upgrading to Android 7, I can't select multiple contact to send a text message to. I have to select each contact then go back and add another, whereas before I selected each contact by selecting them.

Any tips on how to restore this?

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 28 of 44
Message 28 of 44

This is bad move by Sony Mobile. Organization contacts by group has always been part of the contacts through many versions of android since 2010.

Complain to Sony Mobile and demand they bring it back.

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 29 of 44
Message 29 of 44

How can i sort contacts into groups

I have Xperia Z5 Premium and my Android version is Nougat 7.0, iwant to sort my contacts into groups because I have more than 400 contacts.

Thanks. 

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 30 of 44
Message 30 of 44

I'm experiencing the same issue...

That is really bad. I use to send sms to my groups at least each 2 days...