account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Got updated to the 6 version. Phone freezes often and crushes almost all the time.

SOLVED
Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Got updated to the 6 version. Phone freezes often and crushes almost all the time.

It is annoying to see how he dies in my hands.
Constantly crushing, screen goes blank black, photos never charge so i cannot see them. Why is it so bad?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: Got updated to the 6 version. Phone freezes often and crushes almost all the time.

@Avecduck

Check if you experience the same in >>> safe mode

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: Got updated to the 6 version. Phone freezes often and crushes almost all the time.

@Avecduck

Check if you experience the same in >>> safe mode

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

Hi @Avecduck,

Welcome to the community.

Make sure all the apps you have are updated to the latest version in case there a compatibility issues or conflicts.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Demigod
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

Avecduck,

Have you tried factory reset? A lot of issues happens because the of this and most of the time a factory reset resolves these issues. If you are going to do this, make sure you backup all your data.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

Thank you for all the reply, i did check for all the updates,everything is good. @CameronT
@Zann.H the factory reset is like putting the phone into a coma for me. Sounds scary.
I will try the safe mode @uliwooly if not I'll try the factory reset.
Big thanks to all of you
Highlighted
Learner
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

Phone freezed again few hours ago.
Done a hard reset and now the sd card is not recognised anymore.
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

@Avecduck

While on safe mode ?

Highlighted
Learner
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

Didn't done the safe mode. Ill do it now and observe it
Highlighted
Learner
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

I'm into safe mode now.it's weird to have almost nothing on the screen or any app. How long do i keep this on? Thanks
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

@Avecduck

for few hours, if you don't experience any issues then the problem it's a third party app.