account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Equalizer problem after lollipop update

SOLVED
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 21 of 101
Message 21 of 101

Re: Equalizer problem after lollipop update

Same here, after the update the equalizer stopped working completely for me in apps like Wimp. Before it worked without any issues whatsoever...
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 22 of 101
Message 22 of 101

@Marsson Report the issue with Wimp developers. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 23 of 101
Message 23 of 101

But that app uses the built in equalizer, and even the clear+ audio setting doesn't change anything at all.

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 24 of 101
Message 24 of 101

That app it's not a Sony app, hence you have to contact the developers regarding this bug. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 25 of 101
Message 25 of 101

@Villi672, you are correct. In kitkat equalizer will support for all app. In setting you can see the equalizer under sound setting.
-Babu S from Xperia Z1
Highlighted
Message 26 of 101
Message 26 of 101

I can confirm, equaliser, settings and clearaudio work for all sound settings and apps on kk.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 27 of 101
Message 27 of 101

I have got some more information about this and it's up to the app if the equalizer is used or not. It's not on by default for all apps, the developer of an app must state that they want to use it in their code.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 28 of 101
Message 28 of 101

Is there a fix to get the eq to work aystem wide as it did before the lollipop update. This was one of the main reasons i got this a phone. Please only respond if you are having the same issues or a solution. Thanks.
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 29 of 101
Message 29 of 101

I've been using Spotify, Tidal and walkman with the Z3, EQ works fine, I hope it still works with Spotify and Tidal, anyone willing to try Tidal for me ? Also in 4.4.4 EQ applies to everything not just certain apps.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 30 of 101
Message 30 of 101

5.0.2 Lollipop equalizer & clear audio+ doesn't work anymore (except in walkman)

In 5.0.2 Lollipop update equalizer & clear audio+ doesn't work anymore (except in walkman). In 4.4.4 equalizer works without problem! Sony please fix, because I can't listen other content without adjusted equalizer.