account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Disable System icon in status bar from the stamina mode

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 24
Message 1 of 24

Disable System icon in status bar from the stamina mode

How can I remove or disable the icon (Battery symbol with the plus) in the statusbar.
The option to remove the right for sending notifications doesn't work!
23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
Message 2 of 24
Message 2 of 24

Re: Disable System icon in status bar from the stamina mode

@DennisD Are you talking about the battery saver? Go to settings - battery, if you have the latest update it's stamina. If not, tap on the 3 dots and select battery saver.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 3 of 24
Message 3 of 24

Hallo Alexdon,

i have the latest firmware 32.2.A.0.224 (6.0.1) with the new integrated stamina mode, which was in the first marshmallow release not published and excluded. But when I activate the stamina mode, an icon (battery with plus) is permanent activated in the left corner of the status bar and a message in the notification area, which cannot close.
Highlighted
Message 4 of 24
Message 4 of 24

@DennisD That's default, you cannot change that.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 5 of 24
Message 5 of 24

In the 5.2.x Release with stamina, it was possible in the menu "display" in the option "systemsymbols". There was no extra symbol in the statusbar. In that version it was an extension of the normal battery symbol.
It is possible to change that to the old opportunity in a future release?
Highlighted
Message 6 of 24
Message 6 of 24

I don't know, you have to contact your Local support with suggestions.

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 24
Message 7 of 24

Hi DennisD,

Welcome to the community,

The Stamina mode option is very different from previous versions as it does not do the same thing.

Using Stamina mode all the time will reduce performance on your handset, GPS, Vibration, Image enhancements, rendering performance, they are all reduced to help with battery consumption.

We do not suggest using it constantly unless you really need it, this is why a percentage activation is been introduced so it only actions at a certain level of battery.

The battery symbol appears to make it clear to the user that Stamina mode is activated, this helps the user understand as to why there handset may not be functioning as it should be.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Regular
Message 8 of 24
Message 8 of 24

Hi Jake, thanks for you answer.
I'm not convinced at all by the direction Sony is taking with stamina mode. Sure, it's probably more efficient and optimized than before (even if I just spent 7% of battery typing this message while using it), but the fact of do not having any parameters to adjust it to the user's convenience makes it at least as closed as if it was on an iPhone.

We loved Sony for it's huge amount of user-tweakable features and the freedom we had. We were able to choose how much we were ready to optimize our use of our phone.
But now, it appears to be all or nothing, and it's a sad feeling of regression.
Rookie
Message 9 of 24
Message 9 of 24

Stamina mode is the one that has been on Android 5.0 which could make instälninar? or is it a new kind Stamina mode that goes into the 6.0.1

Highlighted
Learner
Message 10 of 24
Message 10 of 24

I wish also the old stamina mode like 5.x Version back.

Actually I use the stamina mode every time and the phone feels and work much more quicker than without stamina.

For me is there no reason, why I should use this mode only in special situation when the battery is going empty, because the phone works fine.
BUT the notification is nervous and reduce the essential space for important and relevant notifications.
I hope Sony will implement the option in a future update to disable this notification, so the user can suggest by himself to use the reminding and the symbol in the statusbar.

Please make it happen Sony!!!