account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Cant power on device

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Cant power on device

How to turn my phone Sony . Because the power and volume don't work. How i turn on without power button .

1 REPLY 1
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Cant power on device

Hi @Undur,

I'm sorry to hear this. Slightly frowning Face

There is no other way to power on your device then with the power button. What I would recommend is that you force restart your device. To do this press and hold the volume up and on/off key simultaneously for at least 10 seconds. You can also use the dedicated off button located where under the hatch for the SIM card. Then try charging to power on your device as normal. If it doesn't start try charging your device for 30 minutes.

I would also recommend that you temporarily remove any SIM and SD card from your device to see if they may be the cause of this behavior.

If there is no change and your device still don't power on I would recommend that you get in contact with your Local support team for assistance with how to have your device sent in to an authorized service center for repair.

Let me know how it goes! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.