account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Can't turn on WiFi after update to Lollipop

SOLVED
Highlighted
Learner
Message 111 of 148
Message 111 of 148

Re: Can't turn on WiFi after update to Lollipop

I totally agree with Oboe. The guy from the local support almost laughed at me after I explained him the whole story and after I told him that the bug isn't caused by a software issue - eventhough everything points to it. I mean if you just search for the problem on google you will see that Samsung, LG and other smartphone users, that updated to Lollipop have the exact same problem. If this bug, as the stuff of this forum implies, was caused by the smartphone hardware this would imply that Sony uses the exact same hardware as Samsung, LG and so on and that the supplier of this hardware component did a very bad job at producing it. I can't belief that the quality management of all this companies failed so hard so that everyone of them used the exact same flawed hardware component.

And to round things up, the guy from the local support told me, that I lost my warranty since I flashed a firmware from another country on my phone - a step I needed to take because there was no real support from your side. Thus a repair will cost me a fortune. A repair that became necessary because you did something wrong and not me. 

Well done Sony, my next phone will be from another brand! 
Cheers!

Highlighted
Regular
Message 112 of 148
Message 112 of 148

Now I am 100% sure this is not HAARDWARE issue. So after beeing out from gsm coverage, I just turn on my phone, which I was trying to switch on wifi and bluetooth more than 3 weeks without success, and than suddenly today when I turn on, I saw bluetooth icon on top, than I switch on wifi and....start working! I was able to log on to the network, but....when I switched off bluetooth, wifi started to switch on and off by itself, and not able to connect. Ones I switch on again bluetooth, wifi conection became stable. Ok, let me test, so I switch off bluetooth, wifi and...guess what? I am not able to switch on again, neither wifi nor bluetooth!

so BIG Sony support team, what do you say now?? Is it still hardware issue? This is question to Ricard???and others from this forum

Highlighted
Learner
Message 113 of 148
Message 113 of 148

Hi,

I don't think this is simply a hardware issue. Sometimes my WiFi works, but more often it doesn't. It works for a while and then stops again.

I can't seem to pinpoint the exact circumstances when my WiFi starts working again, or when it stops again.

The MAC address is always displayed as "Unavailable", but when I check the Services application, the MAC address is listed there. Is the MAC address only being read when the WiFi is turned on?

Highlighted
Regular
Message 114 of 148
Message 114 of 148

I sent my phone to service, and....I have received new phone!

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 115 of 148
Message 115 of 148

Same problem here. Slightly frowning Face Before, everything works fine and just one day it's hard for me to turn on the wifi. Sometimes it works but most of the time it's not. Slightly frowning Face i have to turn off my phone and turn it on again to be able to connect to wifi but then after few hours it will be gone again!!!! This is extremely annoying..

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 116 of 148
Message 116 of 148

I have the same problem Tiganghits described in his first post. I'm having sony Z3C. Unfortunately I'm not able to get it up and running again (sometimes) like he did.

Seems like sending it in for repair is the only solution to solve this s**t!

Hopefully Sony fixes this issue soon as a lot of people seems to deal with it.

Btw, performing test in diagnostics says WIFI works fine...

Commissioner
Message 117 of 148
Message 117 of 148

You are very lucky indeed!

Highlighted
Regular
Message 118 of 148
Message 118 of 148

After receiving new phone with 5.01 version so far so good, no issues
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 119 of 148
Message 119 of 148

I've had Wi-Fi not turning on after switching it off, Ringtone not coming back to on after using silent mode once, and tonnes of instabilities. All after installing the upgrade that supposedly makes it immune to 'stagefright' virus.

SONY, GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER ON SOFTWARE, OR JUST LEAVE IT TO GOOGLE!
They make fantastic electronics, but god, the s/w issues is worse than a 5th grader diy. To be fair some apps, like the burst shot of 60+ fps is brilliant, but please don't meddle around with android customisation. Leave that to Google!

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 120 of 148
Message 120 of 148

Whatever Sony offers, hardly helps.

Following what the guy does in this video, helped me and after a whole excruciating day, the WiFi got connected.

I hope it works for u as well.

https://youtu.be/bDVz57a8AvA