account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Can't move apps to sd card

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 61 of 164
Message 61 of 164

Re: Can't move apps to sd card

My phone older phone is not rooted
One time poster
Message 62 of 164
Message 62 of 164

Can't move apps to sd card

It is really RIDICULOUS not to allow your users to transfer the apps to the SD card. I have mu Z1 for 2 days and already have the internal storage full. Just bought a 64Gb SanDisk SD and found out it will be USELESS.

Dear God, Sony. Who lives with 16Gb? It's ridiculous. I hope you change this in the next phone update.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 63 of 164
Message 63 of 164

Havent you tried this option, by changing the default storage location to SD card even without rooting. Please check the below link. I have tried this with my Karbonn Mobile and it worked for me. But for my xperia Z1, i havent tried yet since i am still left with 5-6GB of internal space.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVOj2WnEeLw

"How to install Android apps APK files directly in SD card" video has been uploaded in my channel. You can reach there by visiting the videos section in my c...
Highlighted
Veteran
Message 64 of 164
Message 64 of 164

My internal storage is already also full and I cannot buy more games for it!
And don't want to delete the as I am playing all of them...

Sony please App2SD!!! At least for heavy games > 1GB...  

Highlighted
Veteran
Message 65 of 164
Message 65 of 164

From Xperia Lounge app you can download free SSX game that sony is giving for free to all Xperia users, unfortunately it is above 1GB and I do not have so much space Slightly frowning Face Slightly frowning Face Slightly frowning Face

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 66 of 164
Message 66 of 164

Mee too, did you get something helpfully for this problem, if yes tell me on abdalahhodali@gmail. com
Highlighted
Learner
Message 67 of 164
Message 67 of 164

Ridiculous - how on earth is 16gb supposed to suffice. Oh wait Sony will release versions with bigger memory for me to spend more money on.

No chance, next time I will be more careful choosing my devices
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 68 of 164
Message 68 of 164

@azzido wrote:

From Xperia Lounge app you can download free SSX game that sony is giving for free to all Xperia users, unfortunately it is above 1GB and I do not have so much space Slightly frowning Face Slightly frowning Face Slightly frowning Face

Same happened to me, wanted to try the new SSX game, had 3GB free on internal memory but it was not enough. Have a 32GB SD card in the phone, why won't you let me use it Sony? I bought the most expensive android phone on the market, and now I want to use it!

Also as I'm using the manual camera mode to get high resolution pictures the internal memory becomes full very fast, so I have to transfer to the SD manually each time it happens, and after that all my pictures in Album have been tossed out of order so I have to look hard to find them again. Please make an option to always save pictures and other things directly to the SD card. 

Sincerely

Sevus

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 69 of 164
Message 69 of 164

I too am having an issue with sonys lack of allowing sd card app storage. I've had the phone 3 days and am already down to 5 gigs of space left on internal storage. My 64gb micro sd card was designed to solve this problem. Please enable this feature asap or you risk losing a very long time customer.
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 70 of 164
Message 70 of 164

Just a heads up guys I downloaded ssx to ext sd card, just change the location save when downloading and it'll go to St card.
Also Google play music app changed music storage to ext sd card two weeks ago so I've ditched Spotify and went with them and have 20gb of music on my SanDisk and 8gb free on phone.