account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Calculator percentage button

SOLVED
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Calculator percentage button

Is there any way to get % button in Z3 dual's calculator?
It is frustrating everytime i need to find percentage using */..why sony is not including % button while all other phones even cheap brands also having it.
Third party calculators have ads..don't like.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Re: Calculator percentage button

@nunoVaz

% has been added in our calculator in the latest firmware. You can access it by swiping the green bar on the right to the left.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

I'm afraid not but i'll forward it as feedback.

But there seems to be several calculators on Google Play with % without ads. For example this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.nickfines.RealCalc or this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=my.android.calc

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

No % button on M4 calculator a major inconvenience.

Even dollar store calculators have this. I may have to return phone.
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

@Angie4

What you can do if you want a % button is to download another calculator which has this feature. There are many different calculators in Google Play like this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.digitalchemy.calculator.freedecimal

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

What an unprofessional answer, the idea of having an calculator on hands is to use the more commun functions an not log or sin and cos, and % is very commun function used everyday for shopping, taxes...your answer is simply ridiculous as the decision to not having the %...btw @Angie4 also you have other mobiles that support %

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

X 0.01 and add to original number
I only did that for awhile,
it's easier to download a thrid party app ads and all
And as if scientists are going to use a Z3 to calculate..lol
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

@nunoVaz

% has been added in our calculator in the latest firmware. You can access it by swiping the green bar on the right to the left.

View solution in original post

One time poster
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

I think you are right and most of the calculator should do the work. However some of them don't have intuitive interface and that's why you can't just work with them. That problem has created a lot of motivation for searching another percentage calculator so I found a percentage decrease calculator where you can put the amount of percentage that you need and this calculator do the rest of the work. It helps me a lot since I am a financial manager where this things are come in handy..

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Thanks for that dude!