account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Battery percentage is not going past 92%

SOLVED
Highlighted
Message 11 of 25
Message 11 of 25

Re: Battery percentage is not going past 92%

I did a factort reset and now there's no charge ceiling (well, there is but at 100) although there's a different problem - it connects and disconnects the charger itself (on dock)... It happened a bunch of times last night... I'll see if it's happening tonight too I'll let you know.
Thanks for helping by the way.
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 12 of 25
Message 12 of 25

Boot on safe mode and check again

are you using a protective case?

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

@Raul_Mkryan

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Message 13 of 25
Message 13 of 25

Nope, no case. I'll try that, it'll be hard to test since it's not always happening... Few hours ago it was charging normally for about 20 minutes and then it went crazy while I was trying to sleep and started to disconnect/connect rapidly so I used the usb port to charge...
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 14 of 25
Message 14 of 25

I have the similar issue after lollipop update. There is long thread at https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z2/Lollipop-charging-bug/td-p/965384/page/9
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 15 of 25
Message 15 of 25

@Raul_Mkryan

Then it's an app causing this problem, a third party app most likely rather than a preloaded app. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Message 16 of 25
Message 16 of 25

Yeah it seems like it... I did test it in safe mode,it charged smoothly throughout the night. Is there a way to find out which app does that? Weird thing is that I haven't installed anything new after the factory rese... I have less apps than I used to have before doing the reset.
Commissioner
Message 17 of 25
Message 17 of 25

I have the Z3 dual HK version and did clean install from the beginning. No issues at all with the battery. Also no difference from Kitkat.

But it's a new phone.
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 18 of 25
Message 18 of 25

@Raul_Mkryan

Trial and error. 

Highlighted
Message 19 of 25
Message 19 of 25

It was an app called citybokeh, a live wallpaper. It was my first guess since I'd installed it after the reset.
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 20 of 25
Message 20 of 25

Now you know.