account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Battery Drain after update to Android 5.1.1

SOLVED
Highlighted
Regular
Message 1 of 44
Message 1 of 44

Battery Drain after update to Android 5.1.1

After the update to firmware 14.6.A.0.368 my battery lasts 15 hours instead of 2 to 3 days like before.

I had a similar problem when I switched from 4.4 to 5.0.2 but at that time a factory reset fixed all the problems. So i tried to do the same this time. And at first I worked well and the battery life was back to normal. But after two days the problem reoccurred. So I repaired the phone via Sony PC Companion and that did the trick. But just until I turned my phone on and off and then I was experiencing the same battery drain again.

On "battery usage" screen I see that all apps keep the mobile broadband connection active for a long time, even longer than they actually use CPU time. So there seems to be a problem with the modem. I switched my modem settings to "GSM only" and now the battery drain is reduced. That works for the moment but that's certainly not a solution I want to live with in the long run.

I would be very grateful for advice to get rid of the problem

EDIT:

I downgraded to 5.0.2 and everythin works fine again. You can find the instructions to do so here: http://xperiafirmware.com

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Genius
Message 3 of 44
Message 3 of 44

Re: Battery Drain after update to Android 5.1.1

Hi @andi_mueller

Seems that Google has taken on some measures on fast battery drain after Lollipop update, you can check this link:

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=165558

Post number 1023 is an answer from google about the reported bug.

I'm at disposal for any question.

Best Regards,

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas

View solution in original post

43 REPLIES 43
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 2 of 44
Message 2 of 44

У меня всё также, после последнего обновления сильно быстро садиться батарея. Сам хотел спросить что делать?
Highlighted
Genius
Message 3 of 44
Message 3 of 44

Hi @andi_mueller

Seems that Google has taken on some measures on fast battery drain after Lollipop update, you can check this link:

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=165558

Post number 1023 is an answer from google about the reported bug.

Best Regards,

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular
Message 4 of 44
Message 4 of 44

Thanks for your replay. Now I know at least that I will stuck for a long time with this bug. Its not even clear, if Z1 Compact will get Android 6 and even if: It will take months. And when I see how serious Goggle treats this issue ... this migth be a good time to switch to iOS or Windows Phone

Highlighted
Regular
Message 5 of 44
Message 5 of 44

You're still getting 15 hours of use?! Try having only 3-4 hours before battery is dead. You're very lucky
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 6 of 44
Message 6 of 44

Seems like those who upgraded are in deep sh.t. I like when this topic is marked "SOLVED" only because Google said they will (who knows when) look into this issue.

Highlighted
Regular
Message 7 of 44
Message 7 of 44

The reason why I marked it solved is because there is just nothing Sony can do about it. It's something that Goggle has to fix. This issue is the second most voted for defect in the history of Android and Goggle just gives it a low priority to fix. And that really makes me angry.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 8 of 44
Message 8 of 44

OH, I did not realize you marked it - thought the forum admins did that. I am glad  I stayed on 4.4.4 until now - seems like the updates created more problems than good things.

Genius
Message 9 of 44
Message 9 of 44

Hi @andi_mueller

Also if you find any post helpful, press Kudos.

Best Regards,

Highlighted
Learner
Message 10 of 44
Message 10 of 44

The same issue !!!! The same frustration..... Sony can do nothing ? Yes, can do.... It can test better !!! If the test was did in the right way, it's simple to find this bug. All users get it after just 1 or 2 days.... So, Sony could to stop the update on the devices with a so big bug of Android OS. And for sure have the power to persuade Google to change the priority of the bug.

Thank You

Carlo