account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Audio volume concerns

SOLVED
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 201 of 378
Message 201 of 378

Re: Xperia Z3 low in call/earpiece and loud speaker volume.

@uliwooly wrote:

Just give it a shot 

PC Companion (PCC)

http://support.sonymobile.com/us/tools/pc-companion

When someone with almost 60000 posts tells me to give it a shot,   i will defintaley give it a shot, will keep you guys updated. Hopefully it works, and thanks for your prompt replies to sony staff as well.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 202 of 378
Message 202 of 378

Re: notification volume

does that tali fix the low notification volume? I really love the phone but hate this problem..
Highlighted
Adept
Message 203 of 378
Message 203 of 378

Dears
I have the same issue as ADAM_z3 mentioned above without any resolution to this issue. To Sony guys, I have done what you told Adam_Z3 to do and all were in vain. Phone Repair will not help. Sony mobiles has to find a solution for this issue instead of rolling out many updates per a week. Sony low ringtone from Z to Z3 and in addition to other issues made people move towards other manufacturers. They should think about it.
Usually people use phones to make and receive calls. If they cannot receive calls because of very low ringtones of Sony, what will they do? Of course, they will look to other manufacturers to satisfy their basic need.
Highlighted
Adept
Message 204 of 378
Message 204 of 378

Dear Sophia
What you said will never ever change anything in any Z3 on earth. The problem shall be the same. Sony has to find a solution
Highlighted
Adept
Message 205 of 378
Message 205 of 378

RINGTONE PLEASE

I still have my ringtones low when I have an incoming calls although the volume is at max. I missed many calls because of this issue. It is not yet solved after Lollipop update.
If I preview ringtones to select one of them, the sound is super
During receiving calls, it seems the sound is coming out from one internal speaker
Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 206 of 378
Message 206 of 378

Re: RINGTONE PLEASE

Have you checked Settings then Sound and notifications and checked the volumes for each type of notification

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 207 of 378
Message 207 of 378

UPDATE!!!!!!!! I did the Pc companion repair and everything with the in call sound is fine. Just to confirm to all readers, the issue was with the top speaker during calls, it just was not loud and clear even on max,  but the speakers for audio, video, ringtones was great, it was just a noticable problem when calling.

I do have to admit the loud speaker is not the best, but its good enough, and i guess thats just the way it is on these phones.

AmroGamal  try doing the reapair again, also just to make sure you actually have a problem, let your freind make a call with your phone but dont tell him about the problem, see if he notices anything. Also use other peoples phones and see if there is a noticible difference.

Are you having issues with audio/video sound or just call sound?

thanks                 

Message 208 of 378
Message 208 of 378

the sound of call is very low

Hello , I have a problem with the terminal , when someone calls me or call me you just learn something the volume is so low, just upgrade to lolipop and continues with the same problem , I can do ? greetings to all
Highlighted
Message 209 of 378
Message 209 of 378

Re: the sound of call is very low

Check call settings,you might have enabled slow talk or microphone noise suppression.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Adept
Message 210 of 378
Message 210 of 378

Re: notification volume

I have checked everything single setting. the ringtone volume is set St max and notification volume is set also to max. I chose clear audio+ on but I still miss many calls because of low ringtone which is bearable to be heard when you are very near to the device.
I had one of my friends has Ž3 dual, we have made both phones rang by calling each phone separately, we found different in ringtone volume. Mine is so low compared to z3 dual using the same tone.
Really I am so frustrated 😤 because of this and I want Sony to fixed and I don't want to ROOT my phone to increase the ringtone volume