account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Apps to SD in Xperia Z?

SOLVED
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 71 of 88
Message 71 of 88

Android 4.4.2 could not move apps to SD

Sony Xperia ZR was upgraded to Android 4.4.2, some apps still could not move to SD. Very disappointment!

Highlighted
Message 72 of 88
Message 72 of 88

Re: Xperia Z - Move app to SD

this link is broken... where I found the solution to move apps to SD?
Highlighted
Message 73 of 88
Message 73 of 88

Re: Xperia Z - Move app to SD

http://www.xperiablog.net/2011/12/12/link2sd-guide-never-worry-about-internal-memory-limits-again/

Try this.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Enthusiast
Message 74 of 88
Message 74 of 88

I CAN'T UNDER STAND?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! APPS TO SD CARD

hi all,e

about 6 month i ask sony help about app to sd card   and they reply with along reply that it can't be cause it will slow the apps and the phone . and now in ?T2 ultra  4.4.2 update app to sd available so what will happen cause i have zr and only have 300 mb on the phone memory and about 20 gb free in my sd. card so??????????????????????????????  please take one good fast action if you care about on old customer

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 75 of 88
Message 75 of 88

move apps to SD on 4.4kitkat

i Heard that xperia T2Ultra is getting an move apps to SD function in 4.4.2 kitkat update, will zperia zr get this update? 

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 76 of 88
Message 76 of 88

Re: move apps to SD on 4.4kitkat

There's no info on this, keep checking the official news blog?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 77 of 88
Message 77 of 88

Re: Apps to SD in Xperia Z?

The official news blogs are saying nothing Slightly frowning Face
Xperia blog said it may be available to low and mid end mobiles, not the z series Slightly frowning Face and i can't survive with that 4.59gb storage.
Ppl using Xperia z with 11.5gb storage saying that it's not enough, then imagine ppl with Xperia ZR/SP/L with 4.59gb :'(
Highlighted
Message 78 of 88
Message 78 of 88

how to move all apps to sd card

My phone is full but sd card is empty how to move Plz help me thank you all
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 79 of 88
Message 79 of 88

Then that brings up the question, why is it not supported in Jelly Bean and Kitkat? What about the new Lollipop? I fail to see the logic here. Instead of progression we're experiencing a regression in features.
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 80 of 88
Message 80 of 88

I'm a bit disappointed. When I switched to the Z3 from my previous Samsung Galaxy S5 I thought it would be a significant upgrade. Now with the external SD problem I'm not so sure anymore.