account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Any ideas to transfer iPhone contacts to Z2

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 11 of 14
Message 11 of 14

Re: Any ideas to transfer iPhone contacts to Z2

Hi @KatrinaKaif,

What problem do you experience? To export the contacts to a vCard file? If I'm not mistaken, you need to login with your Apple-id at https://www.icloud.com/ > Go to Contacts > Mark all contacts > In the bottom left corner you should find the gear wheel > Choose Export vCard > Save it on your desktop e.g > You can now move this file to your Xperia phone or import it at your Google account (https://contacts.google.com).

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 12 of 14
Message 12 of 14

Hi,I was an Iphone 5 user until it broke and now was recently given a Sony XperiaZ2 phone from a friend.Trying to get my contacts downloaded from my icloud account and downloaded the Mac software from sony to allow same.When I connected the Sony a message came up syaing 'your device is locked'. I haven't got a clue what to do and can anyone help me proceed, please :-) Thanks a heap. Btw, I am impressed with battery life compared to the iphone 5 on standby.wow.thank you all again,

Adviser
Message 13 of 14
Message 13 of 14

Try Gmail or phone transfer tool to help you transfer iPhone contacts to Z2. About the details, just search online and choose the way you like better. 

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 14 of 14
Message 14 of 14

@Portar wrote:

If you don't wan't to use the xperia software for whatever reason, you can simply activate your gmail account in your iPhone and sync your contacts with google and it should all happen automagically in your Z2

Yes, it is not that much trouble. You can transfer contacts via Google Account + iCloud/iTunes: Sync contacts to iCloud/iTunes > Export contacts from iCloud/iTunes and import them into Google Accounts > Log in to your Google account on your Android phone and download contacts. And, if you don't have a lot of contacts and don't have more than 200, you can use the SIM card to transfer the iPhone contacts to Xperia Z2.