account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android Marshmallow No stamina mode

Highlighted
Learner
Message 261 of 280
Message 261 of 280

Re: Android Marshmallow No stamina mode

When Marsmallow didn't have stamina I used to get 3-4 full days with no problems (only on doze). Now, with latest update I am getting almost 1 and a half day tops, with same usage, settings and apps.

It is a fact that stamina on Z1 and Z3 compact are performing better than on Z5 compact.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 262 of 280
Message 262 of 280

Z5 Premium Android 6 Update i need answer

guys i'm confused i purchased z5 premium dual sim and im now on 5.1.1 OS 

battery life is decent i get 3:30 to 4 hrs on screen time using and almost get through the day 

i want to upgrade to android 6 but i read alot of negative comments regarding it 

i need your advice if i upgraded to 6 is better for performence and battery life or it is going to be worse 
so i will make it simple does t worthy this upgrade or i have to stay on android 5.1.1 better for me 
you support highly appreciated

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 263 of 280
Message 263 of 280

Re: Z5 Premium Android 6 Update i need answer

@Ahmed1986

You don't have to create a new thread

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z5-Z5-Compact-Z5-Premium/Android-Marshmallow-No-stamina-mode/m-...

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 264 of 280
Message 264 of 280

this is not an answer the thread you are telling me about is for z5 compact and i need answer for z5 premium it is not the same at all thanks
Regular
Message 265 of 280
Message 265 of 280

@Ahmed1986 wrote:

guys i'm confused i purchased z5 premium dual sim and im now on 5.1.1 OS 

battery life is decent i get 3:30 to 4 hrs on screen time using and almost get through the day 

i want to upgrade to android 6 but i read alot of negative comments regarding it 

i need your advice if i upgraded to 6 is better for performence and battery life or it is going to be worse 
so i will make it simple does t worthy this upgrade or i have to stay on android 5.1.1 better for me 
you support highly appreciated

It 's like asking how you take a bottle of water . Depending on how much you're thirsty . In any case make sure that after upgrade you do factroy reset . In my case ( I did not use stamina and i'm getting is almost the same thing)

Highlighted
Regular
Message 266 of 280
Message 266 of 280

please someone could tell me if it is true that there will be an update of MM to include STAMINA mode again? Thank you
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 267 of 280
Message 267 of 280

I called Sony Germany today. They don´t know when and if an update will come. They are addicted to Google. If an update is coming it will not be an original Sony Stamina Mode. It will be Google Doze again. 

The only way to get Stamina back is to downgrade to 5.1.1. They are claiming warranty will be lost but german courts decided already it will not be lost. 

You can also get a part of your money back, because it will not have the same features after an update, but without there will be security problems. It is the same like you buy an V8 Mercedes and a year later Mercedes comes, changes your engine to a normal 4 cyl.. Of course, that will not happen, but Sony does so to their Xperia Consumers regarding to Android 6.

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 268 of 280
Message 268 of 280

@Ahmed1986

Same info apply to the Z5 Premium

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 269 of 280
Message 269 of 280

If you do not unlock bootloader and just flash STOCK Lollipop firmware then everything is ok for the warranty.

From XDA you can get (most probably) the correct firmware for your region. Beside that, use flashtool.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 270 of 280
Message 270 of 280

Stamina mode

I'm sure it's been mentioned lots already but I need to mention it too - something needs to be done about stamina mode to make it more like it was before. I realise that it's a lot to do with the android system itself, but stamina mode used to be really great. Now, I can't use Chromecast, there's no vibration from Whatsapp messages, Google now doesn't work properly, etc etc. I have to switch between having it on and off in order to do many things, and with it switched off the battery will barely get to end of the day, usually not even that. Saying that the battery will last two days should be appended with a further explanation saying that this is only the case if you completely hamstring the phone.

In short, please do something to return to the greatness of the old stamina mode, it was something that made Xperia great, and something the new Xperia is sorely in need of.