account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

AVG has locked my phone. HELP!

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

AVG has locked my phone. HELP!

I have a Sony Experia Z7 and I accidently pressed something whilst swiping it away.  I've never used it while using the phone, except surfing the net so I've never been given a pin code or anything.  Now the stupid tthing keeps making siren noises and saying this phone has been locked or stolen.  I bought the phone from Carphone warehouse who say they can't help me.  They wrote down that I would have to contact AVG (still waiting reply) and also to upload Sony companion.

I've got learning difficulties and got into a muddle with the instructions (which didn't work anyway) I'd like some one to take the time and sit down with me and help me, but even that's not possible.  So now I'm stuck with a phone that I'm unable to use, with noises on it that only stop when the battery dies.  I've tried everything, but nothing has worked.

Can anyone advise me what I can do please?  I'm fed up to the back teeth of being fobbed off and being told that there is nothing that can be done because of this stupid app.

1 REPLY 1
Commissioner
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: AVG has locked my phone. HELP!

Fear not...you are not the only one this has happend to,myself included . 

It sounds good when you have a brand new expensive phone,but I eventually deleted this from all my phones as it just wasn't worth the hassle. 

It's a bit complicated, but follow the instructions or get help from avg

https://support.avg.com/SupportArticleView?l=en&urlName=Unlock-a-device-locked-by-AVG-AntiVirus-for-...