Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.
It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.
2015-10-28 09:30 PM
2015-10-28 09:30 PM
Did you called them or emailed them? @SergioPL Any opinion on Sony support in Poland?
I think it depends on what you describe as a support. There are 4 channels where you can look for some kind of support.
1. Sony Mobile Facebook profile - They can answer simple questions about software and service center numbers. In tougher questions the answer is mostly "Restore factory settings", "Repair through PC Companion", "Send to service center".
2. Xperia Care - They will ask some questions about the type of phone, phone number and either suggest to reset phone or send it to SC. This is also the place where owners should ask for reinspection of service center decision in case they don't agree with the service center decision.
3. Service Center - W-Support, based in Wroclaw. This is the one and only service center for Sony Mobile devices. You call them to arrange courier pick-up of your device. They inspect it, perform vacuum test, repairs and replacements. I've used this channel three times (SmartWatch MN2 - unglued screen, Xperia Z1 - broken screen, Xperia Z3C - unglued screen). All three times service procedures took around 2 weeks. In case of MN2 and Z3C devices were replaced with factory new (unrepairable). Z1 was paid screen replacement due to my fault. New devices like new devices - work fine. Z1 after service had a very small particle within camera glass but I ignored that and didn't force them to remove it. So while I'm generally happy with overal service outcome I think service times are at least 50% too long. Prices (for paid services) are on similar level to other manufacturers. Warranty for replaced parts (in case of paid service) is 3 months from the date of service, no matter of the rest of the device. Warranty for the rest of the device is valid till it's original expiry date. In case of warranty device replacement new device is under warranty till original device warranty or 3-months, depending which time is longer. Same applies to parts replaced under warranty.
4. More or less trained sales people of Sony stores. Most of the time they will to help but lack of knowledge to do it. Not their fault as Android is quite strange OS and the number of Sony stuff in the shop is quite big. But they are helpful in simple cases like connecting devices together, NFC and basic use. You can count on them, at least in few shops in Warsaw. There you can also leave a phone to send it to service center but it will only extend service time by 2 - 3 days.
@I don't know what to suggest to @Adam_Gaweda. If device has poor battery life due to software glitches typical to early Android builds I would complain on Xperia Care just to get the record of the problems and look for more detailed help from users here on the forum and (at the end) wait for upcoming software updates.
If phone reboots without reason or overheats immediately I'd try to call W-Support and try to arrange device inspection, but it will take at least a full week before they even touch the phone.
And if you really can't fight Sony and bought device from a retailer you can always try to use EU Consumer Law ("Reklamacja z ustawy konsumenckiej") and force retail shop to replace faulty device with a new unit and if they fail you can ask them for money return. The first step will also be inspection by W-Support (but paid by the shop) and final decision to the shop will be either to replace/repair phone or reject your request. Shop has 14 days to answer yes or no. If they don't it is assumed that they agreed to your request. Then you can always send it again to W-Support for a warranty claim if the shop rejected your request.
2015-10-29 05:55 AM
Yesterday,I charged z5c to 96% (with stamina,with LTE on).When I waked up,I found it repeat the problem just like three days ago.Android os and Google service take a big part in Battery.How can I solve this problem?The day after yesterday,it's normal,just spend 2-3%,yesterday,it uesd about 10%.......
2015-10-29 07:01 AM
Although not the same phone, I've seen this issue with multiple devices and brands, a possible solution
settings > apps > all > anything that is a google app/service > clear data > uninstall updates > restart the phone.
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)
2015-10-29 08:55 AM - edited 2015-10-29 08:56 AM
ok,I will try it.BTW,are they all solved entirely?And,I found that google service can't clear its data.I've uninstall all the apps' update.Looking foward sovling this problem.
2015-10-29 09:24 AM
yeah, I was talking about email, not phonecall- they never reply to emails!
1. never used before but as you describe, I wouldn't expect anything more than simple advice (no help...)
2. as above...
3. several times - I know that w-support is the only official sony service. I must say that I trust them the most. But this company is not sony related in any way, it's kind of third party company, so they don't care about what sony expect as long as you will not claim based on Sony extended guarantee, you know- the best way is to do it by a retail guarantee (rękojmia), otherwise they can keep your phone for ages and you won't win!
4. well, these guys come and go, really they have a basic knowledge about what they sell- I have been working as a salesman for a couple years, so I never listen what they say- they only want to sell sth. There is a small chance that someone is taking his job seriously but personally I wouldn't expect meeting him...
I know it's difficult to advise, everyone has different needs and each phone behave different. I'm not sayin' this phone is totally unusable, but I don't like it after swithing from z3c to z5c, overall performance is like day and night.
I decided to swith from z3c because of the pinky camera issues, broken back twice without any reason, and the USB under this **bleep**...y flip cover...
2015-10-29 12:19 PM
weird.. just connected my phone with pc to download some music and another phone update appeared.
Now it is something like 32.0.A.6.115 or sth... I can't check at the moment because phone is connected to PCC and downloading new firmware......
2015-10-29 03:03 PM
2015-10-29 09:18 PM