account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

A poor battery life of z5 compact,and other problems

Highlighted
Talent
Message 111 of 175
Message 111 of 175

Re: A poor battery life of z5 compact,and other problems

@Eivind_N

I used some ways above yesterday.It seems that these ways have solved my problem.Try it!I charged it to 100% at 11:00pm,and  at 12:16pm,it still have 89% with nomal use!!!

Highlighted
Talent
Message 112 of 175
Message 112 of 175

How to light a username......I'm confused....

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 113 of 175
Message 113 of 175

Re: Z5 battery life

I actually did a PC companion repair early yesterday morning then later last night I installed the latest update 32.0.A.6.152. I'm happy to say that my battery life has increased tremendously. I cant tell for sure which of these two things addressed my problem since they were done on the same day. However, I got over 24hrs use out of the phone yesterday and my battery usage today is trending for another day and a half. My phone would normally last me only from 7am to 6pm so getting over 24 hours is a huge improvement.

I'm happy to see things have been resolved via software as I was deeply concerned that this poor battery life was something we'd just have to deal with.

Screenshot (Oct 30, 2015 12-59-28 PM).png

Highlighted
Demigod
Message 114 of 175
Message 114 of 175

Have you tried to disable Google Now and associated location reporting? I remember a lot of battery eaten by this feature on my Z3C. It was reported as Google Services mostly and two core reasons were GPS active and wakelocks keeping phone away from deep sleep.

It still does it but it is less noticeable and happen mostly during travels.

Best regards,
Sergio PL

--
Xperia Z3 Compact / Nexus 7 (2012)
Highlighted
Talent
Message 115 of 175
Message 115 of 175

No.......In my country,we can't use google service......unless use some special ways.......

Highlighted
Sage
Message 116 of 175
Message 116 of 175

YouTube started to drain battery since the introduction of notification of suggestions a couple of versions ago.
I disabled that feature and now battery consumption is fine.
Maybe you would try to check that out.
Highlighted
Talent
Message 117 of 175
Message 117 of 175

If you have recently bought the device it will take a least a week for the OS to settle and battery will improve with several charge cycles... Drain the battery till it will no longer turn on... Then use volume up and power button till the device vibrates 3 times and then plug in to wall charger and charge till full while phone is still switched off
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 118 of 175
Message 118 of 175

Just turn off mobile data while you connecting wifi due of the MobileRatioActive bug from Android. It's really saving much more battery at my Z5.
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 119 of 175
Message 119 of 175

I bought the Sony Xperia Z5 for better battery life over my iPhone 6 and to be honest it is not much better and am disappointed spending $1000 on a phone

Im sick of sony just saying oh repair your phone etc it is  software issue so either release a update to fix the issue and improve battery life.

If you are reading this and are wondering whether you should buy a Z5 my honest opinion at the moment stay away from the phone

Sony are great at making hardware but software support is not the best

Learner
Message 120 of 175
Message 120 of 175

Re: Sony Xperia Z5 - Battery life is poor

I moved from Z3C to Z5C a week ago. I noticed is the Z5C starts getting hot immediatly after being submerged in water and battery consumption becomes high !!

Is is trying to dry itself up faster?

I also can not receive or make calls for an hour or until it dries up!!

Thinking to switch back to the Z3C.