Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.
It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.
2014-05-22 01:18 PM - last edited on 2014-09-16 03:32 PM by alexdon
share your problems after the update
update about the main problems
1 heats up pretty quick
2 battery drain background app like google play service usage is 74% on a single charge
3 making the phone run slow and laggy
2014-06-02 01:41 PM
We have investigated the issue with Google Play Services using alot of battery and we have identified that the root cause of this is related to the latest version of Google Play Services (4.4.52).
Until a new version of Google Play Services is provided by Google we urge users to either uninstall the latest update of Google Play Services (might limit use of Google Services like Youtube) or go to Settings > Google (accounts) > Ads > Tick the box for Opt out of interest-based ads and also disable back up of your data by going to Settings > Backup & reset (Personal) > uncheck the box for “Back up my data”.
If you are unable to uninstall the update for Google Play Services from Settings > Apps, go to Settings -> Security -> Device administrators and disable "Android Device Manager". Also check the settings in the Play Store so that automatic updates is not enabled as this may update Google Play Services again automatically.
2014-05-22 01:30 PM
Oh no, my notification window is laggy now whenever i pull down! Please fix! I love my phone and I've been anticipating this update only to be disappointed.
2014-05-22 04:06 PM
after update in my Z lockscreen wallpaper is not working, lags in setting menu and battery drain fast.
2014-05-22 04:16 PM
Using 4.4.2 on C6603 for 18 hours now. What I experienced is;
- AIR theme with live background is laggy. I used the same background on 4.3 and it was OK but now it is not that smooth so I switched to an unanimated background.
- Battery usage almost doubled, compared to 4.3. The phone is getting warm without any apparent reason. I checked background apps that are running, deleted some of them, and disabled some. Battery will be an issue.
- Camera works fine. It is actually faster than 4.3 and shutter lag is less than 4.3.
- The shortcut menu that slides from the top now has two tabs which is not any user friendly than the previous version. Not a big thing but I'd prefer the previous one.
- Did I mention about the battery? Yeah... the charge was 100% at 1AM and when I woke up at 8AM, it was 72%. The phone was in stamina mode, gps was not active and the GSM reception was OK.
Google Services is eating the battery with 72%, Screen 9% (50% brightness), Android System 5%, Wi-Fi 4%, Cell Standby 3%, Android core apps 2%
2014-05-22 04:34 PM - edited 2014-05-22 04:35 PM
Have you tried doing a factory repair? Sounds like the device is (trying to) optimise the various services. Curious if a factory reset / repair via the PC Companion might help.
My other question; have you enabled ART (a special KitKat feature)?
And finally, I read that KitKat updates (irrespective of manufacturer) limit SD Card access. Just wondering if you are able to take photos and videos straight to the memory card? Can you set this in the camera settings?
Been looking forward to this update but so far it's not sounding too good...
2014-05-22 05:56 PM
2014-05-22 06:06 PM
2014-05-22 07:27 PM
Same here... The phone is getting warm and the battery drains fast. And problem with Google Play Services too.