account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

4.4.2 and 4.4.4 problems for xperia Z,ZL and ZR

SOLVED
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 371 of 620
Message 371 of 620

Re: 4.4.2 problems for xperia z zl and zr

Sony says to wait for Google to release a fixed version of Google Play Services. Sony blames Google but after 2 months it's obvious that Google is in no hurry to fix it. Both Sony and Google have abandoned us. I feel that the most blame should go to Sony because they supplied the phone, the Kitkat update that caused the issues, and the PC Companion software that delivered the update. Many other devices work fine with the current version of Google Play Services therefore the update provided by Sony must be at least partly to blame.

For 2 months we have had to either accept the excessive overheating and extreme battery drain, or apply the so-called work-around and put up with increasingly severe lag, numerous error messages, and a growing number of apps that don't work. For example, the Gmail app was updated yesterday and is now giving me the dreaded "This app won't run unless you update Google Play services" message. The situation will only get worse with each passing day.

I could have become a life-long loyal Sony customer but instead I am now completely done with the Sony brand. I will make sure that my family, friends and colleagues all hear about how Sony treats their customers. I will do everything I can to ensure that nobody I know ever buys a Sony product ever again.

Goodbye Sony.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 372 of 620
Message 372 of 620

U ruined my xperia. What can i do?

Hello
I was very happy with my Z but after last update (4.4.2) this phone is s**t :/
all is lagging, app R shutting down, sometimes phone stop working and i have to use emergency shut down..
Chinese phone that i bought to my mom is faster that this...
Can I recover somehow to 4.3? I will loose warranty if i do that?
Can i just go Sony Center, give them phone and after half hour i will get my working phone without losing my files?

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 373 of 620
Message 373 of 620

Re: U ruined my xperia. What can i do?

To get back to 4.3 you will need to manually downgrade using Flashtools in conjunction with a .ftf firmware file

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 374 of 620
Message 374 of 620

Take a look at this here as a guide

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 375 of 620
Message 375 of 620

I won't loose my warranty?

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 376 of 620
Message 376 of 620

I can't say for sure but you aren't unlocking your bootloader or rooting you will be simply downgrading using stock roms

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 377 of 620
Message 377 of 620

Issues after updating to 4.4.2

Voice dialer just stopped working after update.
Loading the keypad takes a lot of time
Google now voice output seems to be broken too.
Enthusiast
Message 378 of 620
Message 378 of 620

after update to 4.4.2 bug show up

hi after updating i face problem in recording videos without sound and i lose some of good videos i had record it.

please help.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 379 of 620
Message 379 of 620

Xperia Z C 6602 Problems after updating to Android 4.4.2

Unfortunately updated my Sony Xperia Z to Android 4.4.2 and after the update my phone started lagging a lot.

The problems are 

1. Lock Screen doesn't come up 

2. Applications not responding very often 

3.Phone heating up very quickly 

4. Touch Problems 

Please provide support to fix the issues 

Screenshot of " About Phone" enclosed herewith. Screenshot_2014-07-29-13-20-04.png

With regards

DIPANKAR CHATTERJEE 

Highlighted
Adept
Message 380 of 620
Message 380 of 620

Re: Xperia Z C 6602 Problems after updating to Android 4.4.2

They dont care you wasting time...