account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

4.4.2 and 4.4.4 problems for xperia Z,ZL and ZR

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 251 of 620
Message 251 of 620

Re: 4.4.2 problems for xperia z zl and zr

experiencing lagginess in the whole system after the update... even typing feels like a drag, gaming performance suffered, scrolling, swipping, etc... Sony please release a stable update

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 252 of 620
Message 252 of 620

Hi all!

This is my first post here.

Same problem, also when connecting phone to PC it doesn't show some files or folders on SD card.

Problems with creating and deleting on a computer as well.

Highlighted
Message 253 of 620
Message 253 of 620

Do you have a PIN/password?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 254 of 620
Message 254 of 620

my camera, walkman , facebook etc. apps are not working, backup restore is not working, my screen blacks out though it is not locked and with this it heats up and drains battery

i sent it to be repaired it worked properly till i downloaded some apps(only whatsapp snapchat and instagram) and tried to backup than realized it was not working again

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 255 of 620
Message 255 of 620

This update is a big issue. My phone is useless and only lasts half a day with normal/low usage, before the update it would easily last more than a day with heavy usage. 

The picture below is to show how bad this issue is. 22% of the battery have been used in less than 5 hours, when I havent even used the phone. 

I have also tried resetting Google play services, etc. however it only lasted half a day before being back to 'normal'. 

Screenshot_2014-06-14-12-01-53.png

Highlighted
Learner
Message 256 of 620
Message 256 of 620

hey guys!

new update 4.4.2 and more problems with xperia ZR !!! im sure u all know about Mic issue during video recording and after this new update although the problem was not solved we see more bug and problems happens, now when i try to send a voice msg on the apps like Viber ,whatsapp etc. i see the recording voice is really starnge and not clear and it seem im talking in a cave ( this problem didnt exist on 4.3 ) but when im talking on the phone theres no problem about the mic and that means this is a software bug , is there anybody esle suffering this problem?

first i had a Xperia P device and it had a lot of problems and then i decided to change it for Xperia ZR because i was tired of bugs in xperia P , now i see Xperia ZR has also alot of bugs and problems ( for example everyone tell me the voice during calls  is not satisfying ) while i see for example Samsung and Nokia and HTC has much less problems,now i decide to change my device to Moto X because it is a US brand and im sure US is much more caring about its devices compare to a brand like SONY that just make devices with a lot of problems.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 257 of 620
Message 257 of 620

my xperia zr has the same mic issue i havn't recieved the kikat update yet but was hoping tht the issue will be resolved in 4.4 update wel sony suks in resolving there customers complaines about certain common bugs and this problem is with the majorty users of xperia zr. well it was my first and last sony xperia mobile i havn't faced any such problems with my previous samsung mobile phones

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 258 of 620
Message 258 of 620

Xperia Z Bugs after KIT KAT updation

After updation from Jelly bean to Kitkat 4.4.0, the phone's charge is draining so fastly than previous, its getting hanged for some time and overall performance of my phone degraded,. Pls fix the bugs in Latest KITKAT version soon.

Highlighted
Talent
Message 259 of 620
Message 259 of 620

Re: Xperia Z Bugs after KIT KAT updation

sony why are you not releasing the fix 

Apprentice
Message 260 of 620
Message 260 of 620

i am yet to update , just wanted to know if any of you are having any problem with cut/copy/paste functions of files from internal memory to SD Card and vice versa in kitkat