account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

4.4.2 - Battery Drain issue - Workaround \ Fix

SOLVED
Highlighted
Learner
Message 651 of 953
Message 651 of 953

Re: 4.4.2 - Battery Drain issue - Workaround \ Fix

5.0.88 seems to work for me. 3 dans since I installed it, and battery drain on Play Service i gone.
Highlighted
Regular
Message 652 of 953
Message 652 of 953

Does fernando823 link bring up virus\malicious site warnings for anyone else?
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 653 of 953
Message 653 of 953

plz help me I am suffering from battery drainage in xperia ZL android 4.2.2 drastically plz reply how to resolve this
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 654 of 953
Message 654 of 953

@Syko67 wrote:
Does fernando823 link bring up virus\malicious site warnings for anyone else?

Don't worry, you dont have to install it, it doesen't fix anything Slightly frowning Face

Highlighted
Message 655 of 953
Message 655 of 953

@FeloH, I have an Xperia Z and had it since the release month. I've been a big Sony fan going back to a Sony Ericsson J5 (1990s), but this battery drain has changed my mind and I regret having this phone now.

My phone is back to normal usage now and has been for over 2 weeks but my problem is with the lack/quality of support offered by Sony. If you follow the steps Sony give it makes the phone pretty useless with notifications all over. It's the community that gave the best solution and still Sony give their bad advice. Then the other side of it is its been over 2 months and no proper fix, doesn't look like they are bothered about this device because it's no longer their flag ship. What's strangle by this is affects newer devices than mine and still no fix for them.

P.s. The fix/workaround I am using is to set location mode to device only. No real drawbacks and no drain issue.
Highlighted
Regular
Message 656 of 953
Message 656 of 953

Re: 4.4.2 - Battery Drain issue please give me a fix .

after updating to new 4.2 my battery is draining very fast.its like draining the battery in 4 hours

pro ppl please give me a solution of this

Screenshot_2014-07-27-11-32-25.png

Highlighted
Adept
Message 657 of 953
Message 657 of 953

Almost 2 weeks with no drain, and all settings are default.
The ones with drain try to delete all data in the tab manage space of the Gplay services app, after a full recharge with the connections off (data and wireless) and reboot the phone after cleaning data.
I know this don't work for all people, but have worked for me, almost two weeks
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 658 of 953
Message 658 of 953

Sony says to wait for Google to release a fixed version of Google Play Services. Sony blames Google but after 2 months it's obvious that Google is in no hurry to fix it. Both Sony and Google have abandoned us. I feel that the most blame should go to Sony because they supplied the phone, the Kitkat update that caused the issues, and the PC Companion software that delivered the update. Many other devices work fine with the current version of Google Play Services therefore the update provided by Sony must be at least partly to blame.

For 2 months we have had to either accept the excessive overheating and extreme battery drain, or apply the so-called work-arounds and put up with increasingly severe lag, numerous error messages, and a growing number of apps that don't work. For example, the Gmail app was updated yesterday and is now giving me the dreaded "This app won't run unless you update Google Play services" message. The situation will only get worse with each passing day.

I could have become a life-long loyal Sony customer but instead I am now completely done with the Sony brand. I will make sure that my family, friends and colleagues all hear about how Sony treats their customers. I will do everything I can to ensure that nobody I know ever buys a Sony product ever again.

Goodbye Sony.
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 659 of 953
Message 659 of 953

Everyone that I know is already pretty repulsed by Sony brand, even more than I am. They find it ridiculus that I have to charge my phone all the time.

Highlighted
Message 660 of 953
Message 660 of 953

@vikaspatel go to settings > location > mode > select device only.