account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

32.4.A.0.160 (7.1.1) is on a roll _updated users can leave a feedback on performance nd battry

Highlighted
Message 81 of 119
Message 81 of 119

Re: 32.4.A.0.160 (7.1.1) is on a roll _updated users can leave a feedback on performance nd battry

i can confrim what he(dav41) say's, fixing battery heat\drain ,just selecet WCDMA only

someone also found if you disable movie maker app, it give lots of RAM 250-500 (300MB in my case)

both of them fixing the lag beuase no heat=no cpu slow down, also  more ram less lag

also clean ROM is better

all of there are work around for the bugs, sony didnt fix yet if theyll fix

Highlighted
Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 82 of 119
Message 82 of 119

Re: 32.4.A.0.160 (7.1.1) is on a roll _updated users can leave a feedback on performance nd battry

@SuperMan1986 wrote:

i can confrim what he(dav41) say's, fixing battery heat\drain ,just selecet WCDMA   

both of you probably had an error during the modem update/check - amss fsg

That's why flashing usually solves things rather than a repair in xperia companion

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 83 of 119
Message 83 of 119

I've been testing for the past 48 hours Dav41's proposed solution, by setting my network to the WCDMA/GSM option instead of the LTE/WCDMA/GSM and actually helps, specially with the overheating and lag issue, the battery draining and the RAM % usage issue isn't as bad but still there, so I guess that's happening because I have WCDMA/GSM option on instead of just the WCDMA one, but in my area I need both options to have service all the time, so thanks to Dav41 for the useful advice.

Now, I still think Sony should work on some kind of patches for this issues, because they're forcing they Z5c users to use slower networks just to avoid practically bricking the phone, hopefully a solution shall come from sony's end.

We'll see...

Highlighted
Message 84 of 119
Message 84 of 119

And now the video on the camera app won't record :-( 

Highlighted
Learner
Message 85 of 119
Message 85 of 119

I have problem with my player, I can't play smoothly full HD or any kind of long movies with video players.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 86 of 119
Message 86 of 119

I installed 7.1.1 ota update and phone is now leggy as **bleep**. Android OS uses 0.98GB of ram with movie creator disabled. Breakdown is 421Mb Cache, 318Mb Kernel and 253Mb Native. 

Highlighted
Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 87 of 119
Message 87 of 119

https://developer.att.com/application-resource-optimizer/docs/best-practices/comparing-lte-and-3g-en...

it's amplified because it usually operates at a higher frequency, so someone farting greenhouse gases and solar flares and other broadcasts from the fake news network interferes and attenuation from trees full of pidgeons mess with signal strength so the device works harder than slaves trying to find a better tower

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 88 of 119
Message 88 of 119

On an old Aldi sim when set to lte it could be trying to connect to 4g and constantly look for 4g but Aldi does not have 4g. Big battery drain and heat

People having no trouble could be on a carrier with good 4g

Highlighted
Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 89 of 119
Message 89 of 119

mmmm... it's this in .au? maybe they haven't updated the default apn because aldi is newish.

have you figured a network settings check?

actually, that's one of the easy configurations I can add to my recovery project

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 90 of 119
Message 90 of 119

Yes Aldi Australia. Name of carrier in phone settings Aldi 3g