account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

28.0.A.8.251 update. What do you think?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Adept
Message 11 of 32
Message 11 of 32

Re: 28.0.A.8.251 update. What do you think?

Vincenzo, very good question. When I check my old and new pictures I found that in "super auto" mode, camera made pictures on 8 mp back and 3.7 front/ selfie/. What's this mode - cutting mode??? In manual mode, I can change pixels in settings. Unfortunately 20 mp. and 5 mp. pictures format is 4:3 For me this is unacceptable. So. Max quality is 15.5 mp back and 3.7 mp. in front. Nothing more than many others.
Highlighted
Sage
Message 12 of 32
Message 12 of 32

Some initial comments on this update. I had major problems, caused by software on the PC that was monitoring the USB ports for hardware changes, which caused the update process to fail after initial rebooting. This at one point caused the dreaded Authentication dialog from "Protection by My Xperia". This would not accept my password, even though I knew I entered all details correctly. Rebooting my phone initially seemed to work, then stopped again with the authentication dialog, but THIS time the password was accepted. 

The reason for this lack of acceptance of my password (seen in other posts, especially on the Z4 forum) was, I realised, due to the My Xperia app being unable to "dial home" the initial reboot had left my phone unconnected to the phone network AND unconnected to WiFi. There was even a dilog box for wifi, which I thought a bit strange at the time. So, if you do not have a working and connected WiFi connection when you get a My Xperia authentication problem, the app will refuse to accept your password.

However, the best advice I can give is to disable My Xperia protection as soon as possible. Be VERY CAREFUL if you have multiple users set up, though, as there is a bug that may cause problems in this situation 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 13 of 32
Message 13 of 32

I confirm that this update significantly reduces the overheating problem .

was almost the same level of the z3 compact heating
Highlighted
Adept
Message 14 of 32
Message 14 of 32

Thanks for feedback. How's battery life in your Z3+?
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 15 of 32
Message 15 of 32

after update - with wihi, batary life max ~18 hrs.......(xperia z3+) - full shi...s, its last phone this company for me, i think sell and buy galaxy 6 edge plus - better service, support and work no bug. 

LaveraCop
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 16 of 32
Message 16 of 32

Heating issue is gone for my z3+ sicne instlaling the latest firmware.

Adept
Message 17 of 32
Message 17 of 32

The heating isn't like before, but are we sure that our product is the same? Can i check somehow parameters of the phone?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 18 of 32
Message 18 of 32

Sony software update to remedy overheating issue

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere in the forum (feel free to redirect me if so) but has there been any further word on when a software update may be released which will hopefully put an end to the overheating issue that so badly hampers the Z3+ performance?

I can take up to 4 standard photos running minimal apps before the camera app is shut down. I appreciate the horsepower required stretches the phone to its limits but I am absolutely amazed the phone made it to launch as it is such a fundamental part of a mobile phone these days.

I can't say I am impressed with Sony. They also sent me the naffest pair of headphones that came as a lucrative add on when you claimed your new Z3+.

Dare I say it? I should have gone over to the darkside!
Highlighted
Message 19 of 32
Message 19 of 32

Re: Sony software update to remedy overheating issue

This foroum is for the Z3 not the Z3+, you need this one, https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z3/bd-p/xperia_z3plus

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 20 of 32
Message 20 of 32

Re: Sony software update to remedy overheating issue

After this update my Z3+ works better then ever. On 28.0.A..7.24 firmware overheating was fixed for me. It was heating a lot but no overheating. Now on 28.0.A.8.251 firmware heating is much lower (even when I am playing games it is not overheating, only heats and when phone is on quick charge and I am working phone is only warm) and lag from 28.0.A..7.24 firmware is fixed. So battery is good now, 1 to 2 days depending on what I am doing. It is more 2 days than 1 day. So I am happy whit this update. This is how Z3+ had to look when it came out at first. Sony learned lession about Snapdragon 810 on Z3+ and I am confident that Z5 series will not overheat. Overheat is past for me.