account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

xperia z won't turn on and can't charge.

Visitor
Message 71 of 136
Message 71 of 136

Re: Xperia Z won't charge nor switch on! Help?

my laptop showed an  malfunctional error message   when it said plug the cable in while holding volume down button

Message 72 of 136
Message 72 of 136

Re: Xperia Z won't charge nor switch on! Help?

Try that several times,if not working stop by a sony service.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 73 of 136
Message 73 of 136

Re: xperia z won't turn on and can't charge.

u the best man!!! registered to say so, thanks a lot!!!

Rookie
Message 74 of 136
Message 74 of 136

Before that, sorry for my bad engish...

I was facing same problem here... My Xperia Z1 was running out of battery last night, so plugged it charger and leave it for whole night hoping that it will recharge. This morning, the phone was not working and turned on. Led was nowhere flashing. Have try all the suggestion except doing the jumped start ( using double A battery and a chord ) as i afraid to do so until the Sony expert can advise and explain it...

Hoping to here a solution for this as soonest.. 

Rookie
Message 75 of 136
Message 75 of 136

Thanks man! It works for me! The problem solved. Likely, when the battery is flat/depleted, it need somekind of a booster for the battery to recharge. To do so, i just follow the DHing instruction.. Just to make sure that the +ve lead is the farthest away from the usb port, while the -ve is the nearest to usb port. 

It's a shame that Sony couldn't explain to us why this problem can happen and to date there's no solution from them..

So now, everytime i use apps in my Z1 that consume lot of battery,  i have to connect the charger just to make sure my phone wont run out of battery...

Message 76 of 136
Message 76 of 136

xperia z wont turn on

my xperia z fell in water  putted in charger didnt open

went home putted rice

3 days water removed

it charges and led lap working then remove from charger led lamp wont work

and phone wont start

help me pls

Message 77 of 136
Message 77 of 136

Re: xperia z wont turn on

somebody help me pls

phone wont start on while charger or removed from charger

Visitor
Message 78 of 136
Message 78 of 136

It sound funny to jump start the fon, but tell me which one is the neg and positeve terminal on the xperia z dock charging points

One time poster
Message 79 of 136
Message 79 of 136

My Xperia ZL C6502, running Android 4.3, suddenly crashed yesterday and blacked out for the first time. Power button+ Volume button booting didn't work. It didn't charge from the wall socket(LED light wasn't blinking), nor did my PC recognize it. 

I used a 2.0A charger (the smartphone uses a 1.5A charger) and held the reset button for 5sec; and now it works.

Everything seems to be working fine.... for now.

Hopefully it won't happen again.

Good luck!

One time poster
Message 80 of 136
Message 80 of 136

THx man after holding the volume up and power button, my phone gave me the thingys and after that i could just start up my phone as normal, Worked! Thx