account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

xperia z won't turn on and can't charge.

One time poster
Message 61 of 136
Message 61 of 136

Re: xperia z won't turn on and can't charge.

FIXED!

I had this same problem, my phone's battery had drained completely and would not charge or turn on... L0CKEY's solution worked for me!

-> HOLD DOWN THE ON BUTTON AND ONLY THE ON BUTTON

-> WHILE HOLDING DOWN THE ON BUTTON, PLUG CHARGER INTO THE WALL SOCKET

AFTER A FEW SECONDS THE PHONE SHOULD START CHARGING AGAIN!

One time poster
Message 62 of 136
Message 62 of 136

that's error hapen to me and fix by open cover baterry and un plug connect baterry and  reback again >>>>>>>>charge again <<<and i use it now >>>>>>>>>sorry for bad english

Visitor
Message 63 of 136
Message 63 of 136

I've been fighting this issue for the past few months, this is what worked for me.

I've used chat support (horrible) and I've used phone support (Also horrible, even talked to a manager) in every situation if the power + up doesn't work, they advise taking it in for service whereby they will have my phone for X number of weeks/months and then I get it back, and judging from the number of posts, the root cause is never addressed, therefore IMO sending it to service is a waste of time until Sony acknowleges the problem and has a proper solution. (Not Likely, but I would be thrilled.)

I've tried all of the following with no success:

- Holding down the power for a few min, then plugging in the phone

- Plugging in the charger while the holding down the power button

- Trying to hold down the power and up button

Things that have worked in the past:

- Leaving the phone on the charger for 24+ hours (This didn't work this time)

- Leaving the phone unplugged for 72 hours (Didn't have that kind of time)

I'm not sure why, but I have to use my iPad charger (2A) to charge my phone. If I plug it into the stock sony charger (I think it puts out 1.5A) the phone tells me it's discharging faster than it can charge, and no apps are running other than the stock apps.

Process:

1) Connect the charger to the phone.

2) Get a double A battery, and hook up some leads to it (You can secure them using tape)

3) Connect the positive lead to the docking terminal port nearest the USB charger port

4) Connect the negative lead to the docking terminal port fartest from the USB charger port

WARNING: I'm not 100% sure on the positive and negative connections here, when the light came on I was so happy I threw down the battery, so it's possible I got them mixed up from memory-- Verification from another brave soul would be helpful!

The red charging light should almost immediatly illiminate, if it does not you may elect to increase the power voltage (by using a 9V) but I didn't need to do this, and I'm not sure the results.

Actual milage may vary and this could very well blow up your device. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. In my particular situation based on the above arguments I didn't see a point to service (And likely the time it takes to get to service would have discharged the battery sufficiently). I actually need my phone to be on call, and thankfully this happened on Sunday and not Saturday WHILE I was on call.

Based on my experience with this charging issue and the kitkat upgrade that forces the most restricive security policy on some versions of Exchange, I would not recommend Sony mobile devices, but now that I have one, I'm stuck.

Keep your batteries charged kids. If this solution helped, please consider giving Kudos!

Visitor
Message 64 of 136
Message 64 of 136

Xperia Z won't charge nor switch on! Help?

i had 20 % of battery left so i pluged cable to charge so as soon as i plugged the cable in the mob got it got switched off and now its not turning back on please help !!!     i have tried everything all kind of reset but still it wont work                       

Visitor
Message 65 of 136
Message 65 of 136

Re: Xperia Z won't charge nor switch on! Help?

any one help me please !!!!

Message 66 of 136
Message 66 of 136

Connect to wall socket,force restart(power button+Vol up until the phone vibrates).Let it charge for 2 hours.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 67 of 136
Message 67 of 136

i have tried that my mob is not viberating 

Message 68 of 136
Message 68 of 136

Then just keep it connected to wall socket for 2 hours,repair with SUS after:

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 69 of 136
Message 69 of 136

i have connect my mobile for about 1 hour it feels like thr is no current passing thru nor my mobile is getting heated nor the charger 

Message 70 of 136
Message 70 of 136

Try a repair directly.If that does not help,stop by a sony service:

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/