account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

xperia z won't turn on and can't charge.

Visitor
Message 51 of 136
Message 51 of 136

Re: xperia z won't turn on and can't charge.

Very dissapointed with the Xperia Z. Bought it in May 2013 and to date it has gone back 4 times to have this problem fixed. On the first two occasions, the button was replaced, the third time teh motherboard was replaced and the last time, well, its still in for repair since 6th Feb!!!!

Not much satisfaction from Sony either.

Need to update laptop now and looking at both Samsung and Sony. Sony have a mountain to climb though to get back into my good books

Regular
Message 52 of 136
Message 52 of 136

Yes, mine has gone back for repair.

It's been there since the 25th Feb, will let you know if I ever see it again and what they say is wrong.

One time poster
Message 53 of 136
Message 53 of 136

This solution should be bumped up. 100% solved my problem. 

Thanks!

Visitor
Message 54 of 136
Message 54 of 136

I Expereience the same problem, but this stupid service center ppl are saying its a liquid damage just by taking the advantage of litmus paper pink color.

but this is not the liquid damage issuesm its the issues related with battery where something going wrong.

Now i regret my decision by purchasing the sony mobile.

regards,

Jagadeeswara Reddy

Visitor
Message 55 of 136
Message 55 of 136

Re: my Xperia Zl will no longer turn on, red led's are showing but not blinking

i do accept that sony is worst service and worst service centers. we need to do something for this. lets all approcach the consumer court.

its expensive and no proper support.

One time poster
Message 56 of 136
Message 56 of 136

My Xperia z wont turn on.  I switched it off last  night with 30% battery and now its dead.  I have had it charging in the wall socket all day and all that happens is a red light comes on in the corner of the screen.  Why is Sony not doing something about this as clearly there is a massive issue searching google this afternoon, whats the point in a mobile which you cant let it go flat and the battery only lasts 10 hours on a good day?!

Very dissapointed I have always had Sony Vaio laptops, camcorders etc and this looks like this is affecting a large number of Sony mobiles.  Very tempted to give in and go with Apple!

Visitor
Message 57 of 136
Message 57 of 136

Re: xperia M won't turn on and can't charge.

I had the same thing happened to me today.

I Plugged in my phone last night to charge it.. but I forgot to turn on the plug switch

so I found it drained today. I turned the wall plug switch on and waited for the red led to come on to turn on the phone. it always takes a while if this happens to let me turn it on.

when I did nothing happened... 

then I tried several of the combinations I ready above volume up + start button .. volume up and then plug it on the pc. 

the only responce I was getting is that the red led wascomming on and when unplugged it was staying on for a while (couple of minutes) and then  off again...

I let it on the wall charger for good 10-15 minutes I retried but nothing..
then I replugged it just to get ready to get it to the Sony center..

for some reason I retried to turn it on again while I was exiting the door and I felt the vibe...
want to mention that last time I plugged it in a Samsun charger which outputs even less amps (takes longer to charge)
I don't know if it has something to do with it...
but actually it worked and it's now charging on it's own charger that came in the box with my Z. 

it's working fine now. I think somehow pluging it in a different brand charger it might have reset something  and let it boot. 

Because I know for sure that some bricked Sonys can be fixed via that port

maybe maybe it can be fixed that way... by just letting it charge on a different charger.

just my experience and assumptions

Regular
Message 58 of 136
Message 58 of 136

Re: xperia M won't turn on and can't charge.

As a book end to my issue, the repair company first tried to claim that my charging port was damaged due to be ing dropped whilst the phone had been charging.

I didn't believe this, the pic they provided was dubious to say the least.

Eventually I Agreed to pay for them to repair the 'damaged' charging port on the condition that if it didn't fix the fault I would be refunded and a waranty repair would be undertaken on the real issue.

They caved in and replaced my phone under warranty.

One time poster
Message 59 of 136
Message 59 of 136

FIXED!!!Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes

So yes i have the same problem batt went flat wont charge in doc or usb tried charge from wall and pc with no luck.
Pc wont recognize hold all buttons down doesn't work.

GET SOME STRONG TAPE> STICK THE ON BUTTON DOWN AND ONLY THE ON BUTTON(i found if you wrap the phone a few times it will stay down)> WITH THE ON BUTTON STUCK DOWN PLUG INTO THE WALL SOCKET> BOOM!! 5 SECONDS LATER I HAVE MY PHONE BACK! Your Welcome.

Took me 3 days to fix phone buzzed for a good 10 mins with notifications missed calls and texts.
HandshakeHandshakeHandshake

One time poster
Message 60 of 136
Message 60 of 136

Made an account to say this solution works basically your batteries reach 0% with no way to charge it's completely drained just take a 9 volt battery and 2 copper cords and jumpstart your phone literally one cord per copper pin if you can do it with a car you can do it with this cell phone.