account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

xperia z won't turn on and can't charge.

One time poster
Message 81 of 136
Message 81 of 136

Re: xperia z won't turn on and can't charge.

My xperia z doesn´t turn on. since yesterday that the battery went super low i have been charging and nothing has happen there is only a red light that pops up.

Can someone please tell me what I can do.

Visitor
Message 82 of 136
Message 82 of 136

Thanks mate. The "hold the power and volume up buttons" worked perfectly for me.

It is the second time it happens, the first time, I took the memory card out and everything came back to normal. This time, I had no memory card to take out and was starting to seriously worry.

This solution worked for me!!!

Visitor
Message 83 of 136
Message 83 of 136

Check out SHIHSTOUCH solution, it worked for me... (Sony xperia Z1 compact)

One time poster
Message 84 of 136
Message 84 of 136

Re: xperia M won't turn on and can't charge.

This worked a treat for me, going to see how it goes though as ive requested service on the phone - wont cancel it just in case

thanks

One time poster
Message 85 of 136
Message 85 of 136

I have the same problem. Two days ago the battery of my xperia z drained completely. Now it won't charge nor power on. LED lighting doesn't work/flash at all. I tried to restart it, but it doesn't show any sign of life. Any new suggestions?

Visitor
Message 86 of 136
Message 86 of 136

I have same problem.  I am not happy that this is a common and persistent issue.

We demand a statement from Sony on this anormaly

One time poster
Message 87 of 136
Message 87 of 136

Same probleme here, out of nowhere, my xperia z can not charge by about 50% of battery. This happens since 1.september 2014
One time poster
Message 88 of 136
Message 88 of 136

Ok!!! First. As my first experience with sony phone is very disappointed for me!!! I love sony bcoz camera 20m pixels but it always shutting down when it hot!!! I live in hot weather country. Not more than 5 minute in outside conditions but longtime in air condition. Front camera is look fake after taking picture, it look soft and color is not real. Wifi not stable also!!! More problems for me. I choose sony bcoz camera but its major issue for me. Trust me samsung s4 still for better for me!!

Here is my solution for this issue. You have to buy some charging dock or charging cable that charged beside sony!!! it can charge your phone, ultil you can turn sony on. Then you can use usb cable now!! Work for me... I dont know why!!!

Nomore sony phone for me, i use many phone iphone 4 5. Samsung 4 5 , never got stupid problems like sony. Sorry for sony sfan but it true!!
Thanks hopebit helps
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 89 of 136
Message 89 of 136

hey ive got the same problem my phone last night was working fine at 100% battery ive had the experia z for some time now and suddenly it wont turn on ive done the holding power and vol button and ive tried the usb download but the pc isnt picking my phone up has anyone got any tips on what i should do. or is it definitely not going to come on again theres no led lights at all please someone help me 

Visitor
Message 90 of 136
Message 90 of 136

Send it back to Sony....mine gave the same problem ....except no light at all....they replaced my ZL....good service