account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

xperia z won't turn on and can't charge.

Visitor
Message 1 of 136
Message 1 of 136

xperia z won't turn on and can't charge.

My phone suddenly won't turn on. I've tried to charged but it wasn't charging coz the LED lighting is not working.

What happen to my phone ? Any solution u can share to me ? i need your help..anyone that know how to solve this problem.

Thanks.

135 REPLIES 135
Emperor
Message 2 of 136
Message 2 of 136

Re: xperia z won't turn on and can't charge.

Open all the flaps and check what color is the water damage indicator, there's one on each flap/compartment, if the rectangle its pink or red the problem is water damage related 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 3 of 136
Message 3 of 136

you can also try this

connect your phone to the wall charger (not the dock) > press and hold power & volume up for 8 seconds > let it charge for about 1 hour > after 1 hour > try to turn it back on 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 4 of 136
Message 4 of 136

its not related with the water damage but i've checked and there is no problem with the flap. Slightly smiling Face

Visitor
Message 5 of 136
Message 5 of 136

i charged my phone already and the LED is not working. Ok, i'll try first but if the prob can't be resolve what should i do instead of this step ?

Demigod
Message 6 of 136
Message 6 of 136

This is because your phone battery drained completely...

In this case need to boost your phone's battery,

you can take phone to any mobile repair shop, they will do it for free.

Or buy a multi battery charger, and keep charging for 10 to 15 mins, after remove and charge by your original Sony charger and switch on after 30 mins, keep charging until 100%.

See below image link for Multi Battery Charger

http://www.freestockphotosclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Multi-Charger-Picture-520x390.jpg

On left side below SD cart slot there you can find charging nodes see below image

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/FCKEditorFiles//Sony-XperiaZ-08.jpg

you should connect using this nodes, make sure to read the instructions on multi charger, normally when you make correct connection it lights green, also make sure to keep for 10 to 15 mins max, and then by original charger.

One time poster
Message 7 of 136
Message 7 of 136

Hey! I had this exact same problem before! Sadly I had to send it for servicing. Sony replaced the entire set with a new one at no extra cost. But now the problem has come back again!

Just this morning, I unplugged my phone from the charger and powered it down to do a fresh start up. Yup, it couldn't turn on! Same symptoms as before...at least now I have others experiencing this as well.

Good luck! I've contacted Sony already. Waiting for their reply Slightly smiling Face

Apprentice
Message 8 of 136
Message 8 of 136

I experience the same problem 2weeks ago, my xperia z suddenly shut off even its battery level is 85%, i tried to turn it on again but no response, i try to charge it too but still nothing happen, no even had led light indication, i kip my phone in my drawer until moring and tried to switch on and charge but still nothing happen, i check the stickers if it turns into red but its still white so i bring it to sony center after two weeks they told me that they will replace my unit without extra charge. So you can try to bring also your pnone to sony service center, they will surely help you.

Good thing that sony acknowledge the warranty. And thanks to sony for being responsible.

Demigod
Message 9 of 136
Message 9 of 136

Have you tried this?

There are a few things you should try first when you experience problems with your device:

• Restart

Restart your phone to turn off all running applications and to free up memory. Press and hold down both the volume up key and the power key  for 10 seconds. After your device vibrates three times, release the keys. The device turns off automatically. After the device is turned off, restart your phone.

• Update

Update your phone to ensure that you have optimal performance and the latest enhancements. Read more about how to update and find latest software version.

• Reset

Reset your phone to its original settings to remove memory blocks: Settings > Backup & reset > Factory data reset > Reset phone Don't forget to back up any important data saved on your phone!

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 10 of 136
Message 10 of 136

My xperia Z won't turn on and charge. when I pressed the power button, the LED flash red once. After waiting an hour I unplug the charger and tried to turn it on but still it won't turn on. What should I do next?