account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

xperia z text typing problem

Rookie
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

xperia z text typing problem

have my xperia z since Jan and so far best thing I ever bought. Last night as I was typing an email when the letters were typing all over the place as if I had huge thumbs. So bad I had to switch phone off. First time it ever happened. Just wondering if anyone else had this problem.
9 REPLIES 9
Master
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: xperia z text typing problem

Hi,

I haven't heard this before. Did you experience the same behavior after you had restarted your phone? If not, it should not happen again and you don't need to worry. 

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Rookie
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Never before but it seems ok now. It was like as if I had an old fashioned keyboard for a pc and some buttons were stuck and it would type extra letters with one touch. Had there ever been an issue with touchscreen sensitivity?
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

If you should experience this type of behaviour again, I would suggest that you wipe of your screen to make sure that there are no dirt or similar on the screen that is causing the issue.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

I am currently experiencing the same problems. It got better after I turned off the tracing, but I still get it a couple of times every day. Its frustrating when chatting when the phone just decides to pick a different key than what I have pressed. It dissapears if I restart or wipe the screen, or just by it self once I close other apps that might be open. Mind you, this also happens when its only one app open.

I have two Xperias, a Z1 private and a Z at work, both have the same problem from time to time, but my Z1 seems most troubled by it.

Regular
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Ya, right from a single touch, you see the ink extending to other letters to am not interested in. Have to wait for at least 10secs. Really annoying
Master
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Strange. Make sure that you have the latest update for the Xperia keyboard from Google Play. You could also try to clear data for Xperia keyboard under settings > apps > all > restart your device and try again. 

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

zg
One time poster
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

I have the similar issue phone types by itself.Cleaning screen helps

One time poster
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

I an having this issue very often. It pissess me off terribly
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

I have Sony Xperia. I am facing the typing problem that anything can not be typed. Touch screen shows the word is typing but there is nothing typed. Problem solved after the restart phone. But again after some time same problem appear. I have reset the phone but all in vain. Is there any solution?