account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

xperia Z screen wont light up after calls can't end calls

Message 81 of 99
Message 81 of 99

Re: xperia Z screen wont light up after calls can't end calls

I have this same problem and I can't tell it has nothing to do with cases or screen protectors. The screen goes black and pressing the side button does nothing. If I go crazy pressing the button and I am lucky onthe 20th press it may light up for a second, and if I am skilled enough I can press the hang up button very quick.

It is a massive pain, I must say, I avoid calling my voicemail because I need to listen to all the options until it gets tired and hangs up itself. Also, I am not able to delete voicemail....
Message 82 of 99
Message 82 of 99

I think this may have something to do with the update, because my phone didn't have this problem before that
Visitor
Message 83 of 99
Message 83 of 99

I am facing this problem from past two days and today did this update thing after which heating started.

Worst part is that even swervice center is not supporting.

Loudspeaker is only 30 % functional.

Cant even hear ringtone if phn is in ma pocket.

I hope it was a wrong decision of switching to sony from Samsung.

Wont recommend to anyone.

One time poster
Message 84 of 99
Message 84 of 99

same proplem but i Press littel hard in the back corner behaend the sensorWorried Face

One time poster
Message 85 of 99
Message 85 of 99

Genius solution. My screen was dirty directly over the prox sensor. Dialled the number, checked the prox sensor, cleaned the screen, problem solved. 

One time poster
Message 86 of 99
Message 86 of 99

I had the same problem but gratefully solved after removing the screen protector/shield which was already on the phone when opened the new packed box.

@key2sanity wrote:

Thats great the proximity sensor locks the screen during calls, but why is there NOT a way to unlock the screen?

One time poster
Message 87 of 99
Message 87 of 99

I agree with this, how can it be the sensor when you press the on/off button and me and my son both have th Z5 and both have this issue... Nothing worse then recently ring my ex and then having my say on the answering machine and then left to yell at the phone.... So annoyed. have activated the on/off button to use as hang up but this isn't a happy result. 

I am a sony phone user for last 3 phones (6yrs) and this is the first and most frustrating issue I have encountered. 

One time poster
Message 88 of 99
Message 88 of 99

*#*#7378423#*#* worked. I found out that the tape I used to cover the notification light on my Z1S accidentally covered the proximity sensor. I reduced the size of the tape and it stayed on when not near my head. Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Also, the reason why removing the screen cover worked was probably some dirt or scratches over the proximity sensor. It's very sensitive. The screen covers made for the phone other than the shatterproof one don't cover it for that very reason.
One time poster
Message 89 of 99
Message 89 of 99

I Have an xperia z3 with the proximity sensor problem

i discovered the top of my screen had come loose in the top corner causing a slight gap between sensor and screen

if you pushed the screen the sensor would work

i gently put a bit of super glue between the screen and phone holding the screen down and it now works perfectly

One time poster
Message 90 of 99
Message 90 of 99

I had the same issue and it's been driving me nuts for months, it turns out the solution is actually fairly simple, works every time!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WkPZ7fGUsM