account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

xperia Z screen wont light up after calls can't end calls

One time poster
Message 71 of 99
Message 71 of 99

Re: xperia Z screen wont light up after calls can't end calls

I have sony experia zl purchased in November 2013. Now it is having problem with its power button. Its become too sensitive. Its not functioning properly. I submitted phine to service center and was shocked with their answer. They told me expenditure of rs. 13000 /- for this. They told that they have no authority to repair this problem you have to pay this amount and we will give you another repaired handset.
How it can be possible. If this was known before purchasing i will never choose sony the third class after sales service in world.
Visitor
Message 72 of 99
Message 72 of 99

I have around 50 app's
One time poster
Message 73 of 99
Message 73 of 99

My xperia Z screen wont light up when calling and after calls can't end calls!help me pls
One time poster
Message 74 of 99
Message 74 of 99

Totally worked thanks so much
One time poster
Message 75 of 99
Message 75 of 99

Thanks, had this problem for more than a month, very irritating, your solution worked!

What i did:

1. Power off phone

2. Pressed proximity sensor little hard and kept it on constantly until phone got booted, unlocked, etc and was ready for usage.

3. Tried calling and getting called, so happy this is resolved Slightly smiling Face

Nice find!

Visitor
Message 76 of 99
Message 76 of 99

Brilliant thanks ...fixed in an instant...the screen cracked on mine despite having a fancy screen protector that is supposed to self heal !!  then had a new screen fitted and the screen would go blank as soon as I made or received a call...your tip has fixed it super quick...Happy smiley person 

@jericho wrote:

I actually had this problem and I fixed it!!! on my phone the screen would shut off when i make a call and would not turn on no matter what. hope this also works for all of you.

Turn off phone

Press firmly on proximity sensor

Turn on phone

Once on main screen

Try to make a call

I hope it works for you

@jericho wrote:

I actually had this problem and I fixed it!!! on my phone the screen would shut off when i make a call and would not turn on no matter what. hope this also works for all of you.

Turn off phone

Turn on phone

Once on main screen

Try to make a call

I hope it works for you

Visitor
Message 77 of 99
Message 77 of 99

My Phone also got blanks once I call someone or receive call from someone. However, by the aids of this forum its really works.

Way to solve:
I just remove the Tempered Glass Protector and.... Booommmm!!! My Xperia Z can receive and calling someone withiut blank or black screen again, I'm so happy. Alhamdu Lillah.

The Cause:
It happen because the protector block the sensor of Proximity Switch to sense the object in front of it. Therefore, once remove the protector it can sense the object in front of it.

The functional parts:
Sense the object in front of it , around 1.5cm in front, with horizontal device condition, not while vertical like put device at table (Turn blank)
Do not have an object in front of it (Normal screen receive or dialing)
Visitor
Message 78 of 99
Message 78 of 99

Try to Peel off the screen protector
One time poster
Message 79 of 99
Message 79 of 99

great thanks fixed, it was a right mess under the cover 

One time poster
Message 80 of 99
Message 80 of 99

Even my phone has the same issue. The screen protection film does not cover tge proximity sensor of my phone. This has happened after the latest phone software update.