account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

xperia Z screen wont light up after calls can't end calls

One time poster
Message 61 of 99
Message 61 of 99

Re: Xperia Z DEFECTIVE SCREEN !!! HELP !!

fast you have to chaq all led ways 

then u tuk out 

One time poster
Message 62 of 99
Message 62 of 99

Re: xperia Z screen wont light up after calls can't end calls

helloooo friends...

I have the same problems that you face during calls.. Screen black out and can`t do any thing till call cut by other person.

My problem is solved now. I try soo many things like uninstall all applications, master reset phone and memory card but cant solved it...I solved it just only change the lamination of screen guard...

Dont use screen guard which comes with the phone, dont laminated screen with matt lamination or glass lamination, and dont use thick material for lamination...

Just use simple lamination or glossy lamination..

Still if you have problem without any lamination or cover then it surly, there something problem with sensor....

One time poster
Message 63 of 99
Message 63 of 99

@GeoffH "perhaps you can offer a solution instead of being critical"
He offered a solution from his very first comment you ignorant **bleep**, it was to set the power button so it ends calls when pressed. He even gave instructions on how to do it!

One time poster
Message 64 of 99
Message 64 of 99

Re: Xperia Z DEFECTIVE SCREEN !!! HELP !!

Spoiler
Spoiler

IMG_20140914_133933.jpg

One time poster
Message 65 of 99
Message 65 of 99

It's definitely a hardware issue. Particularly the proximity sensor. I had this problem for a few days. Once on a call, the screen goes black and no way to end the call until the other party hangs up. I turned of the phone and pressed the top part of the phone, where the proximity sensor is and turned back on and pressed again for about 10 to 15 seconds and the problem is gone.
I am sure its not an application problem or screen protector issue. I have tried a few custom roms as well and it was the same. Pressing the proximity sensor solved it. Thanks for those who shared the solution. Slightly smiling Face
One time poster
Message 66 of 99
Message 66 of 99

I actually seemed to work with shutdown and start up the phone while pressing the corner where the sensor is. At least it works now at the first test. My problem have occured after I applied a screen protector (not a cheap one). It may also be a combination of display change and the screen protector, I have done both lately but I have tested the sensor while lifting the protection from the screen and the sensor worked.

One time poster
Message 67 of 99
Message 67 of 99

@Richo wrote:

I actually had this problem and I fixed it!!! on my phone the screen would shut off when i make a call and would not turn on no matter what. hope this also works for all of you.

Turn off phone

Press firmly on proximity sensor

Turn on phone

Once on main screen

Press firmly on proximity sensor

Try to make a call

I hope it works for you

OMG it really worked!!!! Thanks

One time poster
Message 68 of 99
Message 68 of 99

I have had this problem, really frustrating when confronted with options, screen went black so I could not press nueric key.

Did what you said, simply queezed both sides of the top of the Z£, swithched off, switched back on, pressed hard again, both sides and it worked.

Thanks very much

One time poster
Message 69 of 99
Message 69 of 99

i have similar problem about xperia z

One time poster
Message 70 of 99
Message 70 of 99

Same problem here... I managed to solve the problem and now my prone turns screen ON/OFF during calls again.

I actually uninstalled "Xperia mobile transfer" application