account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

xperia Z screen wont light up after calls can't end calls

One time poster
Message 51 of 99
Message 51 of 99

Re: xperia Z screen wont light up after calls can't end calls

Thanks Jericho!

this worked for me....

Learner
Message 52 of 99
Message 52 of 99

This is the problem I have!!! After upgrading to 4.3 it started happening, is there any fix our cause? I didn't have it on 4.2 nothing had changed in my case, same case same apps, 4.3 started causing this for me.
One time poster
Message 53 of 99
Message 53 of 99

Your instruction is very strange but it work on my phone. Thanks so much.
One time poster
Message 54 of 99
Message 54 of 99

Re: xperia Z1 screen wont light up after calls can't end calls

I am too having the same problem for past three months since when I bought Z1Face with rolling Eyes. I have also tried all the tantrums suggested by learned technical experts from various places including those from SONY customer support. But unfortunately nothing has worked till now. Really annoying experience it is giving me. Please some actual user help me out from this problem of Z1. Thanks.

@Naiya wrote:

Hello :-) I've been having this problem since I got my Z1 and have followed different pieces of advice from this forum and still have the issue.  I have no screen cover, settings have been restored, 3rd party apps were removed...nothing has made a difference.  Please advise if a solution to this problem has been discovered.  My partner has the Xperia and doesn't have this issue so I'm assuming it's a new tech/engineering/maufacturing/software issue with the Z1 model.  Looking forward to hearing from you :-) 

One time poster
Message 55 of 99
Message 55 of 99

HOOOOOLLY SHHIT THAT WORKKKKED YOUR A BOOSSSSSSS

One time poster
Message 56 of 99
Message 56 of 99

Has anyone figured out how to fix the screen staying black during a call?
One time poster
Message 57 of 99
Message 57 of 99

Remedy to this problem is:

1. Shut down you phone

2. While shutting down put your palm covering the proximity sensor (upper part of your phone near the speaker area)

3. While still covering the proximity sensor turn on the phone

Just as simple as that and this have solve the problem.

Regards

Slowz

One time poster
Message 58 of 99
Message 58 of 99

Turning my phone on and off fixed the problem

Visitor
Message 59 of 99
Message 59 of 99

It actually did work! But I pressed really hard three times. Almost got scared that I heard a "pop" from the phone. BUT IT WORKED!!! Thank you guys.

One time poster
Message 60 of 99
Message 60 of 99

Hi, I am having the same problem. whenever i try to make a call, my phone screen turns off; sometimes I can't even get it back with the power button; i have to restart my phone! I don't have any film protect on my phone. this problems started when i updated the newest versiont today! I already uninstalled all 3rd party softwares and it doesn't solve the problem!!!