account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xperia Z screen wont light up after calls can't end calls

Learner
Message 41 of 99
Message 41 of 99

Re: xperia Z screen wont light up after calls can't end calls

Reminds me of the problem I'm having with the Xperia ZL. It also fails sporadically to end a call.

Here the link to my topic:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/Xperia-ZL-when-I-turn-the-screen-image-is-not-shown/m-p...

Help please

One time poster
Message 42 of 99
Message 42 of 99

I fix it by pressing hard the proximity sensor while turning cell phone off and on
One time poster
Message 43 of 99
Message 43 of 99

Thanx very helpful.
One time poster
Message 44 of 99
Message 44 of 99

I had the same problem, no screen on calls could not end call, how stupid am i my young niece showed me the magnetic flap on my phone  case was covering the senser at the top of the screen, if i hold the flap back out of the way the phone works great??????????????

One time poster
Message 45 of 99
Message 45 of 99

Hello :-) I've been having this problem since I got my Z1 and have followed different pieces of advice from this forum and still have the issue.  I have no screen cover, settings have been restored, 3rd party apps were removed...nothing has made a difference.  Please advise if a solution to this problem has been discovered.  My partner has the Xperia and doesn't have this issue so I'm assuming it's a new tech/engineering/maufacturing/software issue with the Z1 model.  Looking forward to hearing from you :-) 

Learner
Message 46 of 99
Message 46 of 99

Sony Xperia Z Black Screen

My Xperia Z Suddenly Black Screen... I try to restart (Hold power key + volume up) but still not working... what should i do ? help me.. i don't know what to do now with my phone .

Message 47 of 99
Message 47 of 99

Re: Sony Xperia Z Black Screen

You can connect to wall charger,charge for 1-2 hours,try to repair with SUS.If still having issues,take the phone into service.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 48 of 99
Message 48 of 99

Xperia Z DEFECTIVE SCREEN !!! HELP !!

Xperia Z Burned Out !

Please Help Me ! This Is Why My Phone Defective Screen. It's Burned Out, What Should I Do ?

Visitor
Message 49 of 99
Message 49 of 99

I had this exact problem after I replaced the LCD screen. What worked for me (And may work, even if you have not replaced your LCD screen, was as follows)  Press very firmly on the top of the screen and while applying quite a bit of pressure, rub back and forwards across top of screen. Could be that the screen was slightly off-set or too far away from the proximity sensor.

I hope this work as well for you as it has for me. :smileysmileywink:

Visitor
Message 50 of 99
Message 50 of 99

Re: Sony Xperia Z Black Screen

I had this exact problem after I replaced the LCD screen. What worked for me (And may work, even if you have not replaced your LCD screen, was as follows)  Press very firmly on the top of the screen and while applying quite a bit of pressure, rub back and forwards across top of screen. Could be that the screen was slightly off-set or too far away from the proximity sensor.

I hope this work as well for you as it has for me. :smileysmileywink: