account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

xperia Z screen wont light up after calls can't end calls

One time poster
Message 31 of 99
Message 31 of 99

Re: xperia Z screen wont light up after calls can't end calls

HI Guys – I had the same issue.

Fixed it by doing to following:

1)      Removing the screen protector(was not the default one you sometimes get with the phone), just check you don’t lose your warranty

2)      Switch off the phone

3)      Press firmly on the entire top of the phone for about 3-4seconds(top part of the screen)

4)      Switch back on

5)      Once started up – press again on the top part of the screen.

Worked like a charm. Thanks for all the help full posts. :smileysmileywink:

One time poster
Message 32 of 99
Message 32 of 99

i did not have this problem till the last update in late september. Though I am not sure at all it is related to the update, since I got it just three days ago, two weeks after I updated.

The fix psychosmit gave seemed very strange, but it actually worked. It bugs me why, though...And by the way I kept the screen protector (spigen), obviously not related to it. Strange Question

One time poster
Message 33 of 99
Message 33 of 99

Visitor
Message 34 of 99
Message 34 of 99

I have updated to the latest firmware 532 and still having the same problem, But I have followed the instruction provided in this forum to dial *#*#7378423#*#* and get into the service menu, then go to Calibratioins->Proximity sensor. 

It will show whether your proximity switch is ON or OFF. It might not work very well with your screen protector, However, all you will have to do is pressing the "Default" button and reset the proximity senor. It will request you to reboot the phone. 

Once you have reboot the phone (well, it takes a little longer than usual), it works very well, even with my screen protector on. 

I used to struggle to give up my Z Ultra too, and hopefully this information will help. Good Luck.

One time poster
Message 35 of 99
Message 35 of 99

Bought the Xperia Z a weekback and had been using it for a while without issue for first 4-5 days. The problem mentioned in this thread (Display just blanks out the moment you do a call or a call comes in and does not light back even if power button is pressed or anything done until the other person hangs up). Frustrated for whole day I read these thread and in parallel tried repair thru PC download, but did not continue as the msg was Phone/tablet is up to date. For sure knew not a proximity sensor issue given it was working for first 4-5 days fine. I then uninstalled the one software (Camscanner) , switched off the power complete and restarted phone and worked.. Was under the impression then the issue was Camscanner, but then when I reinstalled the software back, the problem does not recur, it still works fine.. Wondering as simple as total power off and on can resolve.. Surprising!!!!! Will continue to use the installed software and will try if the problem can recreated..

One time poster
Message 36 of 99
Message 36 of 99

Yes!! That fixed my problem!!!  I took the cheap-o screen protector off and it worked with no issues.  

Thx!!!!

One time poster
Message 37 of 99
Message 37 of 99

Hi, I had the same problem with my new Xperia z, after digging i found that other phone apps like voip cause this problem and the problem was solved after i uninstalled the voip app on my mobile

One time poster
Message 38 of 99
Message 38 of 99

thank you. dilaing *#*#7378423#*#* and checking for sensor promximty switch helped a lot. It was the proctecting screen on my phone. working great now. 

One time poster
Message 39 of 99
Message 39 of 99

I did what you said,press firmly on the top of the phone while it was shut,than switched it on,pressed again on the top and IT WORKS!!! 

Learner
Message 40 of 99
Message 40 of 99

Sam: So does that mean we can't use screen protector on the Xperia