account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

xperia Z screen wont light up after calls can't end calls

Genius
Message 11 of 99
Message 11 of 99

Re: xperia Z screen wont light up after calls can't end calls

who are you, you come here with one post criticising others - if you need assistance then say so, if you have something contructive to offer then offer it - otherwise your reason for being here is not quite understood and currently you are contaminating this thread

Rookie
Message 12 of 99
Message 12 of 99

Critical and offering nothing? How about allowing two minutes for the post to be reviewed before slamming your own opinionated views down the throats of others?
Did offer a work around which works, but still has its downsides. If the problem still occurs, it is not fixed, even if the OP has not reported back, others are still having the problem. Exposing our phones to possible damage is NOT an acceptable solution.

Genius
Message 13 of 99
Message 13 of 99

Rookie
Message 14 of 99
Message 14 of 99

Holy$#!T. Did you notice that public forum says the exact same thing? It's like people can write what they want on the internet and it becomes true!

Its now about time you explained why it occurs when no sceen protector is used, and why the software doesnt include a manual override.

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 15 of 99
Message 15 of 99

Unfortunately key2sanity, unless you have problem yourself this would be virtually impossible to troubleshoot. However if any of the posters above who actually have personally experienced this problem have not had the problem resolved I would very much like to hear from them so that we may take steps to resolve this. If I am mistaken and you do have the problem yourself key2sanity, can you please elaborate on what you have tried up to this point to resolve the issue?

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 16 of 99
Message 16 of 99

I do have the problem and wouldnt have been as frustrated with the previous comments if they worked.

I currently dont have a screen protector as I removed it when I started having trouble. I have since performed a factory reset and upgraded the to the newest software. After getting caught in a call with Acer while applying for a job, I have switched on the hang up when power button is pressed feature, I would however prefer if this overrid the sensor to unlock the screen.

One time poster
Message 17 of 99
Message 17 of 99

I have this same problem as well. Proximity sensor works when I first put my ear to the phone, but when I'm done it remains black. I don't have a screen protector blocking it, but I can get it to light up if I press the power button, it's just a bit annoying. Even weirder is an issue whereby whenever I have a call, when they hang up at the end, the phone just hangs and doesn't close the call, it just stays running even though the person on the other end of the line has gone. Anyone else experienced this?

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 18 of 99
Message 18 of 99

@key2sanity - In this case I would have to advise that you return your phone so that it may be assessed by an authorised agent.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 19 of 99
Message 19 of 99

@ C1emen7s - If you are able to get screen to light up after pressing the side button, its more than likely the auto-lock and not the proximitry lock that is causing your screen to remain black.
To check this go into: settings > display > sleep > 30 minutes. Make a call and see if it still happens. The bad programming on the proximitry sensor wont allow the screen to light up or unlock while it thinks something is too close. Can't offer any advice on the second problem.

@ Sam - Took the phone back today, showed a video of what was happening, exchanged on the spot and told it was a common problem with the Xperias. Hopefully it doesn't reoccur with the new phone.

One time poster
Message 20 of 99
Message 20 of 99

I actually had this problem and I fixed it!!! on my phone the screen would shut off when i make a call and would not turn on no matter what. hope this also works for all of you.

Turn off phone

Press firmly on proximity sensor

Turn on phone

Once on main screen

Press firmly on proximity sensor

Try to make a call

I hope it works for you