account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

xperia Z screen wont light up after calls can't end calls

One time poster
Message 91 of 99
Message 91 of 99

Re: xperia Z screen wont light up after calls can't end calls

I am having the same issue after the recent update. i have no third party app that works with my calling service or address book. Using the side buttons does not turn on the light either. Please stop blaming the customers and work on fixing the problem.
One time poster
Message 92 of 99
Message 92 of 99

This (press on proximity sensor) worked for me too.  What a godsend: it was really irritationg. FYI proximity sensor is about 1.5cm down from top of screen on left side.

One time poster
Message 93 of 99
Message 93 of 99

i got this just the other day, and am about to head off travelling and i really don't want to take it back for fixing as i wont be here to get it back!

i can make calls or recieve calls and then the screen goes black when put to my ear as it should, but most of the time [not all the time] when i finish the call and take it away from my ear it wont light up so i can't end the call. i have to wait for the othe person to hang up, and even then sometimes it wont light up.

if it's a home line and they hang up the phone call doesn't end so it just stays black and i can't do anything.

i can restart it by pressing the off button and volume up at the same time, but i don't want to have to restart my phone every time i make a phone call.

has any one had this issue? is there something i'm doing wrong? i've never had a sony before, but i'm guessing it's a fault!

I also suffering thus problem, so plz anyone help me.

One time poster
Message 94 of 99
Message 94 of 99

I am facing the same issue, i have even removed my tempered glass at all but same thing is happening.The basic funtionality of phone is not working.Please provide resoultion

One time poster
Message 95 of 99
Message 95 of 99

This just worked for me. Unbelievable, I know. But true.

One time poster
Message 96 of 99
Message 96 of 99

I have a similar situation.  When I am on a call my screen stays black and I can't interact with the phone to push buttons for all of those annoying interactive calls.

One time poster
Message 97 of 99
Message 97 of 99

Hello, can someone tell where the PROXIMITY SENSOR is located on a Xperia Z5 compact . thank you!

One time poster
Message 98 of 99
Message 98 of 99

This might sound absurdly simple but it worked on my phone. I spray and wiped the sensor. I think only a small percentage of users will have this simple success but I tried EVERYTHING else. I downloaded updates, stopped apps etc and... Nothing. Spray and wipe? BAM 

One time poster
Message 99 of 99
Message 99 of 99

Hello Body.

Very smart answer and also solution.

Thnx.

nice day, it helps me a lot.